Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went to see the caravan in Nicholasville last night...

Went to see the caravan in Nicholasville last night...

Just thought I'd mention a couple of things I found of interest. When asked about Freel's playing time/position, Narron said that Freel and Womack would be splitting time at 2nd with Freel continuing to be the 'super-sub' all over the place as well. Said specifically that Freel or Womack would bat leadoff with FeLo batting 2nd. Also said that EE and Aurilia would battle for the 3rd base position and probably split time there. The way it sounded there is a good chance Aurilia will see most of the playing time and said that he would put the team out there every night that gave him the best chance of winning. He also said that Dunn would definitely be playing at 1st base and that Kearns would get consistent playing time in RF, w/ WMP playing in LF. That's all I can think of right now, if I think of more, I'll post again later. Also I got several pics and I'll get them uploaded as soon as I have time.

Forgot to mention that when asked who he thought our "breakout player of the year" would be, he said pretty emphatically "Austin Kearns" and then went on to say "in fact, i'm pretty much betting my job on it".
    Last edited by TylerScottDavis; 01-30-2006 at 07:46 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Went to see the caravan in Nicholasville last night...

Quote Originally Posted by TylerScottDavis
    Said specifically that Freel or Womack would bat leadoff with FeLo batting 2nd. Also said that EE and Aurilia would battle for the 3rd base position and probably split time there. The way it sounded there is a good chance Aurilia will see most of the playing time and said that he would put the team out there every night that gave him the best chance of winning.
    Wonderful.

Woack should never lead off..ever...can't steal 1st.

and Aurilia over EE? well I think we all know that's guaranteed now

Thanks for the rundown
    Go Gators!

Also said that EE and Aurilia would battle for the 3rd base position and probably split time there. The way it sounded there is a good chance Aurilia will see most of the playing time and said that he would put the team out there every night that gave him the best chance of winning.
    And with that note, the chances of me running amuck in Memphis today increased by a factor of 1000.

I may need to order a kneecap hit on Aurilia.

Forgot to mention that when asked who he thought our "breakout player of the year" would be, he said pretty emphatically "Austin Kearns" and then went on to say "in fact, i'm pretty much betting my job on it".

If he's not just blowing smoke, this is an interesting comment.

If I was "betting my job" on Austin's rebound, I'd have read him the riot act about getting in top shape over the offseason. And I'd be checking up on him before spring training starts, to make sure he's got his mind right.

I wouldn't bet my job on Austin unless I had a pretty good feeling about his understanding of how precarious his position is if he doesn't start working harder.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Very disappointing comments about EE and Aurilia. EE should play everyday until he is a miserable failure,if he ever is. I just don't understand what the fasination of Aurilia is. If they were going to keep Aurilia then why sign Womack?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Wonderful.

Woack should never lead off..ever...can't steal 1st.
    Womack should never start at any position ... ever.

RA = 3B(which was my fear, you can book it because no way EE will develop while having to look over his shoulder all the time)

Narron on a one year deal is stupid(I hope he will be let go before the season) because to keep his job he must win in 2006 but winning should not the focus for the upcoming season. The focus should be building for 2007 and beyond.

I really don't have a lot of confidence that "Bob" is going to get this right.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I wouldn't worry too much about this yet. Perhaps spring training or the first couple weeks of April will lead to Narron rethinking Womack and Aurilia's roles? He has to know that a lackluster performance will not be favorable for his continued employment.

Tony Womack 4088 at bats from the #1 slot.

.275/.321/.364/.685

Last season the Reds were 9th in MLB in OB% from the #1 slot.

.272/.352/.390/.742

31 points is HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I wouldn't worry too much about this yet. Perhaps spring training or the first couple weeks of April will lead to Narron rethinking Womack and Aurilia's roles? He has to know that a lackluster performance will not be favorable for his continued employment.
    ... but a shouldn't a smart person be able to see the train wreck coming and avoid it completely.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

I bet I, a 50 year old not slim gimpy woman, would have more range at 3rd than RA.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    I bet I, a 50 year old not slim gimpy woman, would have more range at 3rd than RA.
    Here's my take.

The Reds are afraid of EE's K rate too, this in turn makes Narron fall in love with RA and his bat on the ball approach.

With Casey gone the Reds are flush with 7 guys who could have 100 K's in the year, that scares the hell out of former backup catchers who played for Gene Mauch.

They like their outs to be hit.

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Here's my take.

The Reds are afraid of EE's K rate too, this in turn makes Narron fall in love with RA and his bat on the ball approach.

With Casey gone the Reds are flush with 7 guys who could have 100 K's in the year, that scares the hell out of former backup catchers who played for Gene Mauch.

They like their outs to be hit.
    And, to an extent, I understand that mindset. You know there is a better chance of something happening on a ball in play then a whiff. I just don't understand why it is stressed so hard sometimes. It shouldn't matter when your young and developing, and it shouldn't matter when your Adam Freakin Dunn.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Sign her.
    Go Gators!

Probably so. You'd be ranging all the way over to the Reds firstbaseman every chance you got.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Sign her.
    No way. She'd be too busy staring across the diamond at Adam and she get a ball hit at her right in the choppers.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?