Every year you see the same standard optimistic articles from the local guys. I'd like to put together a checklist of them and see if we can predict who will fill the roles. For example.
* Guy was hurt last season, has prepared this offseason and is ready to break out. - Kearns
* Guy had a horrible season last year - is humbled, hopes to do better this year - Milton
* Guy has a new pitch, new stance at the plate - look for big things from him - ?
* Long shot to make the club - Bailey
* Personal setback/tradgedy, ready to overcome - ?
* Aging verteran taking on a reduced role/retiring after the season. - ?
It just isn't the baseaball season until the checklist is complete.