Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP3 player Advice

Re: MP3 player Advice

Thanks again to all for your input!

FWIW I think I am still preferring flash memory, and my wife reports what seems to be a good deal for the SanDisk 4GB one for $150. You all make some good points to consider about connectivity, battery charging, car adapters, etc. I need to get to a store to see how I like the feel/interface of some of the different models now. I may change my tune about the flash if I understand the magnitude of the negatives for using a hard disk product when reasonably active.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have an iriver h10 - all the quality of ipod, none of the cliche.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    If you haven't yet caught on to the joy that is XM, then you might want to wait until this baby comes out in March and take the plunge on this: http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/04/p...io-mp3-player/ It's an XM satellite radio and an MP3 player all in one, supposedly as small as your average iPod.

Looks pretty slick.
    I'm waiting until they combine all of this with a cell phone. Better yet, make it into a Dick Tracy two-way wrist communicator...
    Never overlook the obvious

My only advice would be to stay away from any Archos products.

I bought my wife a 2GB Sandisk M series for christmas after doing some fairly extensive research. The 4GB model wasn't out yet at the time, but I had heard it was coming. Bottome line is, IMO, if you're looking for a flash based MP3 player and aren't concerned w/ video, this is the best deal currently out there. It shows up in My Computer as it's own drive which you can just open up and drag and drop files/music/etc. or you can use Media Player to sync files to it, but either way it's easy to use. I prefer flash based systems especially if you're going to be using them at a gym or while jogging because they don't skip, plus there are no moving parts, so theoretically it should have a much longer life span than a hard disk (however, you could make the case that by the time a hard drive fails, it's probably outdated anyways). The Sandisk M series also has a built in microphone for recording and an FM tuner, plus you can store regular computer files on it, so it works as a flash drive as well. It works out great for my wife because she's in school and can use it to carry files around and record lectures, and it works great for her at the gym. It is not rechargeable, but uses one AAA battery which last for quite awhile. I don't remember the exact specs for how long, but I do know that in real world use, it lasted 2 or 3 weeks with lots of use. Good Luck!

Turn Off Ads?