Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: women you find attractive that others would strongly disagree with you on

women you find attractive that others would strongly disagree with you on

Okay...here's the deal. Who are the women you secretly have a thing for...but you'd really not like for anyone to know about for fear of ridicule?

Add photos...and explain yourself (if you can).

I KNOW I'm going to get ripped by all of you for this first one, but I'm just getting the ball rolling by being honest. For some weird reason that I can't explain...I'm strangely attracted to her...

I know, I know...I'm sick. I need help.

Now believe me, there are MANY others that I find highly attractive that you would agree with me on...I just thought this might be a fun post...to find out who some of you guys like but have always been embarrassed to admit it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: women you find attractive that others would strongly disagree with you on

IMO it's tasteless to objectify woman in this manner.

But like I said that's just my opinion.

I think Lisa Kudrow and Allyson Hannigan are among the most attractive women in Hollywood. I'd choose them over Eva Longoria any day.

IMO it's tasteless to objectify woman in this manner.
    I never understood the whole problem with "objectification".

Recognition of physical beauty is instinctual. Tests have shown that babies react more positively to physically attractive faces than to ugly faces. Adults share that reaction, regardless of gender.

So when we comment on physical beauty, why is that automatically "objectifiying" a person? And why is that deemed so wrong by some?
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 02-01-2006 at 11:25 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

RuPaul
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I never understood the whole problem with "objectification".
    Usually, comments like westofyou's come from a holier-than-thou attitude and they fail to see the fun in it--they're always finding reasons to look down their noses at someone...ultimately so they can feel good about themselves for being nobler, having better morals, etc. (not saying that's where westofyou is coming from, just saying that it's usually the case).

You're right Johnny, what's wrong with saying that you find someone attractive? In fact, I think Hillary would be quite flattered rather than viewing herself as being "objectified."

But that's just my opinion.

anyway....just to keep up, here are the pics of those mentioned so far...

And why is that deemed so wrong by some?
    Because beauty is only skin deep?

Anyway, not to pee on the campfire, and no I don't feel superior on any level, I just live with a very vocal feminist with a lot of valid points of views..

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I just live with a very vocal feminist with a lot of valid points of views..
    ... come on and admit it , you're just whipped.

Because beauty is only skin deep?
    Fair enough. But I still don't think it's wrong to appreciate beauty, and I don't think it objectifies or lessens a person in any way to comment on their beauty.

RuPaul
    Read max's initial question carefully, Puffy.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Read max's initial question carefully, Puffy.
    I'm sure he did. If my two choices were RuPaul or Hillary, I'd be right there with him.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

But I still don't think it's wrong to appreciate beauty, and I don't think it objectifies or lessens a person in any way to comment on their beauty
    True, but when you create boundries of what is "unnattractive" in an attractive way then they'll be fraught with stigmas like "Too old... but" "big nose...but", "too fat.... but" etc... This in turns creates a subtext that such features can be a hinderance to ones ability to be seen as acceptable to the general public.

come on and admit it , you're just whipped.
    20 years with the same lady, color me whipped if that's the case.

This discussion reminds me of one of my favorite "The Twilight Zone" episodes of all time entitled "Eye Of The Beholder". Do any of you remember it? It was very thought-provoking.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    RuPaul
    Ahhhh! *fart*
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Janeane Garofolo

Cynthia Nixon

Queen Latifah

Delta Burke (Designing Women era)

Janis Joplin (I bet she was wild in the sack)

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    This discussion reminds me of one of my favorite "The Twilight Zone" episodes of all time entitled "Eye Of The Beholder". Do any of you remember it? It was very thought-provoking.
    Great episode. Good topic. I think about this stuff but I'm drawing a blank now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?