Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds announce new ways to obtain opening day tickets

Reds announce new ways to obtain opening day tickets

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin

CINCINNATI -- For the first time, the Cincinnati Reds will give fans four different ways to purchase tickets to the Opening Day game against the Chicago Cubs.
    Log On! Luck Out! Lottery: From Monday through Wednesday of next week (February 6-8), fans can register online at reds.com to win one of 50 chances to purchase two Mezzanine Infield seats to Opening Day. Additional lottery information is available at reds.com.

Early Bird Gets Opening Day...: At 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 11 the Reds will hold a sale only at reds.com for their new 8-game Power Pack promotion that includes tickets for the April 3 Opening Day game, all three games of the Fourth of July weekend series against the Cleveland Indians and all four Fireworks Nights. The limited supply of Power Pack sets will be available only through the team's web site while supplies last.

February 18 On-Sale Date: Tickets for all 2006 regular-season games will go on sale Saturday, February 18. Opening Day tickets will go on sale at 9:00 a.m. ET, while tickets for the remaining 80 home games will go on sale at 9:30.

Season Ticket Packages: Tickets to Opening Day are included in selected season ticket packages.

Beginning at 9:00 a.m. on February 18, tickets to Opening Day can be purchased by phone at (513) 381-REDS and toll-free (877) 647-REDS, via the internet at www.reds.com and in person at the Great American Ball Park ticket windows at Second and Main Streets, the Majestic Dugout Shop in the Westin Hotel downtown and at all area Meijer stores.

Tickets to the remaining 80 games will go on sale at 9:30 a.m. at those same locations.

On February 18, there will be a limit of 6 Opening Day tickets per order. For fans purchasing Opening Day tickets via phone or the internet, there will be a limit of 1 order per credit card or household.

Ticket prices range from $5 to $36. There is an additional $10 charge per each ticket for Opening Day and a $5 charge per each ticket to the holiday weekend series against the Indians.

For fans purchasing tickets at Great American Ball Park or Majestic Dugout Shop in the Westin, there will be a line for Opening Day tickets only that opens at 9:00 a.m. and a separate line for tickets to the other 80 games that opens at 9:30. The Pepsi Rally Pack, mascots Mr. Red and Gapper and the Reds Rover will be on hand to entertain fans. Outdoor restroom facilities will be available to fans at GABP.

Beginning Monday, February 20, Great American Ball Park ticket windows will be open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.. Also beginning February 20, tickets can be purchased at the Majestic Dugout Shop in the Westin Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.

Information on season ticket, group ticket and premium seating packages are available at www.reds.com or by calling (513) 765-7400.

Reds Power Pack On Sale February 11 At Reds.Com

Mon 4/3 Opening Day vs Chi 2:10
    Wed 4/5 Second Game vs Chi 12:35
    Fri 5/26 Fireworks Night vs Ari 7:10
    Fri 6/9 Fireworks Night vs Chi 7:10
    Fri 6/30 Fireworks Night vs Cle 7:10
    Sat 7/1 Interleague vs Cle 6:10
    Sun 7/2 Interleague vs Cle 1:15
    Fri 8/18 Fireworks vs Pit 7:10

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds announce new ways to obtain opening day tickets

That Power Pack is a really nice idea.

I'm almost entertaining the notion of doing it.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

They should add in all the bobble head nights.
    Go Gators!

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Early Bird Gets Opening Day...: At 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 11 the Reds will hold a sale only at reds.com for their new 8-game Power Pack promotion that includes tickets for the April 3 Opening Day game, all three games of the Fourth of July weekend series against the Cleveland Indians and all four Fireworks Nights. The limited supply of Power Pack sets will be available only through the team's web site while supplies last.
    I almost posted this very thought last week. They always sell out opening day, why not use it to leverage more sales?

Now that's using the old noodle. Bravo.

GL

speaking of the bobble head games, has there been any mention of when they are and who will be getting one this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Space Cowboy
    speaking of the bobble head games, has there been any mention of when they are and who will be getting one this year?
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42694
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

thanks Chip R

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

There is no mention there of the tickets.com outlets that aren't in Meijer stores. They have sold them in past years, but most of those outlets do the stupid lottery system for your place in line so the first one to show up doesn't always get the first place in line. There is one outlet that has always done first come first serve and I have had the first spot in that line the last couple years. I don't want to camp at the stadium or in the Westin lobby for 2 or 3 days like the people do there but I don't want to get stuck in some line that does a lottery system where someone who shows up at 8:55 has the same chance of getting first spot in the line. I have tried the internet before but didn't have really good luck with that. Maybe I'll check out a Meijer store out of Cincinnati to see if they're doing it first come first serve.

So about this Power Pack thing.

We usually get handicap seats cause the old ankle just can't handle a lot of walking.

They don't sell handicap tickets on line.

You can only buy the Power Pack on line.

I have called the Reds. I have emailed the Reds.

They don't have a answer.

I'm not pleased.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    So about this Power Pack thing.

We usually get handicap seats cause the old ankle just can't handle a lot of walking.

They don't sell handicap tickets on line.

You can only buy the Power Pack on line.

I have called the Reds. I have emailed the Reds.

They don't have a answer.

I'm not pleased.
    I think you're out of luck, Creek. (but I hope you get at least an answer from them) Sort of like me last year trying to get 1-2 season tickets in the handicap (not to try to scam, but because I love the view in the mezzanine, but couldn't - even offering my 80+ year old mom as bait to join me ). Handicap seats are specialty seats - usually not offered to the general public until right before game time (from my experience). Getting online tickets, in my experience, doesn't not allow you to pinpoint (even handicap seats) the seats that you want - only the sections. What will happen next Saturday will be like anytime you get online to get tickets - you'll get what they will give you (of course, in the 3 sections available for the offer). In the "old" days on Ticketmaster, you could browse and receive other seats if the first wasn't preferred.

BTW, I'm going to try Power Pack (after entering in the contest starting on Monday for the 2 free tickets).
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    I think you're out of luck, Creek. (but I hope you get at least an answer from them) Sort of like me last year trying to get 1-2 season tickets in the handicap (not to try to scam, but because I love the view in the mezzanine, but couldn't - even offering my 80+ year old mom as bait to join me ). Handicap seats are specialty seats - usually not offered to the general public until right before game time (from my experience). Getting online tickets, in my experience, doesn't not allow you to pinpoint (even handicap seats) the seats that you want - only the sections. What will happen next Saturday will be like anytime you get online to get tickets - you'll get what they will give you (of course, in the 3 sections available for the offer). In the "old" days on Ticketmaster, you could browse and receive other seats if the first wasn't preferred.

BTW, I'm going to try Power Pack (after entering in the contest starting on Monday for the 2 free tickets).
    I might be out of luck, but I'm not going down easy. It's discrimination. I'm going to make a stink about it. And it won't be pretty.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

The stink won't be pretty?

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    I might be out of luck, but I'm not going down easy. It's discrimination. I'm going to make a stink about it. And it won't be pretty.
    Go, girl... IMHO, it's the fact that they are putting Opening Day as part of this Power Pack that is the sticking point (and the fact that they are offering this one week before the other tickets go on sale) - I don't think you would have any problem getting any seat (not just the 3 sections) if it was different games.
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander
    Maybe I'll check out a Meijer store out of Cincinnati to see if they're doing it first come first serve.

We had always checked out the Meijer store in Troy. It is one of the furthest away from Cincy. A few years ago it worked great. There would be about 15 people there and they did the lottery, which is a tickets.com rule, and it never really bothered me. We got seats the first couple years, but then there began to be more people. There were probably 40+ there last year, and to add to the problems, they couldn't get there machines working right, and only the first couple people got tickets. I also remember similar reports from other meijer locations last year listening to 700 afterwards. I believe there was a meijer that didn't even get any tickets sold in time.
    It's all a crap-shoot unless you have nothing to do for 3 days and camp out. I think I would scalp a ticket before camping out that long.
    Oh well, good luck to all!

(after entering in the contest starting on Monday for the 2 free tickets).
    Scatch that... it looks like 50 people will get a chance to purchase OD tickets, not get them free... but I'm still going to try...

Turn Off Ads?