Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bubba Nelson DFA, LaCoss signed as instructor

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Re: Bubba Nelson DFA, LaCoss signed as instructor

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    Ya, he can't pitch, thats my definition. The only one who still thinks he can pitch or will ever climb out of the minors is his daddy. Wait? Bubba Daddy? Is that you?
    I bet you call the banana phone with this type of brilliant commenatry, dontcha?
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just don't see him as a guy who'll ever get big league outs for us. Then again who do we have other than Harang that consistently does.

Guys that K a batter for every IP are worth keeping around. Bong was the guy that should have been DFA'd.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    Have you seen him pitch?

Did you see what he did last year in his new role?

Do you know he is at the right level for his age?

Did he steal your girlfired or something?

Look, I know your not alone in your love for Reitsma (which I dont see the adoration for a middle relief pitcher who is average) but can you suport why you hammer on Nelson?
    On this staff Reitsma would have been the most effective reliever. Average? I don't know. He's been an effective setup man on a first place team since the trade. If you don't have room for guys like that on your roster then you must have a pitching staff better than the Braves.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    Guys that K a batter for every IP are worth keeping around. Bong was the guy that should have been DFA'd.
    But he's a leftie, so like Jimmy Anderson we'll hang on to him because being good with your right arm is no match for sucking with your left.
    Go Gators!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/transactions

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    I'm sure Bill Scherer's floating around someplace.
    Bill is a phenomenal scout. He has been a cross checker for years. I saw him on the road two years ago. I want to say he was with Boston or Baltimore. I'd have to look him up.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    On this staff Reitsma would have been the most effective reliever. Average? I don't know. He's been an effective setup man on a first place team since the trade. If you don't have room for guys like that on your roster then you must have a pitching staff better than the Braves.
    But how much better does he make the Reds a couple years ago? What the Reds organization needed (and needs) is starting pitching...young starters. That trade brought in two - one, in Nelson, who was highly thought of.

Because the trade hasnt netted results yet, doesnt make it bad. It was a risk, as all young pitching is. What the Reds did was trade a part that didnt make a huge difference in their situation for two parts that could help them down the road. Additionally, the Reitsma role was imemdiately filled with Todd Jones who did as good a job, if not better.

I had no problem with the deal then, and no problem with it now.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Turn Off Ads?