Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Media Trying to Cook Up Controversy for the Super Bowl

Re: Media Trying to Cook Up Controversy for the Super Bowl

Found this while browsing the net:

Detroit Native Jerome "From Detroit" Bettis to Play Super Bowl in Detroit (His Hometown)
    In a story that SPN's writers are calling the biggest Super Bowl scoop ever, SPN reports that veteran Steelers RB Jerome Bettis is a native of Detroit. That’s right – the same city that’s hosting Super Bowl XL. The very same Super Bowl in which Bettis is playing! Is this an amazing story or what?! We're not grasping at straws!

• Pasquarelli: It’s true, he is from Detroit. I checked | Clayton: If so, why is no one reporting on this?
    • Vote: Should we run this story into the ground?
    • Does he actually like Detroit? | Is he insane?!
    • Also, Jerome Bettis is obese and he's playing in Super Bowl XL | Get it? Like the size extra large? | It's funny because, you know, he's a big guy

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hi guys, I'm Ben Roethlisberger. My friends call me "Big Ben"

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news...d=478568&rfi=6

A Pittsburgh Steelers spokesman said late Wednesday afternoon that the team refuses to acknowledge pictures of Ben Roethlisberger posted on a Web site.

On Tuesday, a Web site posted five photos of the Steelers' second-year quarterback while in the company of a few female companions either at a party or a drinking establishment. In the pictures, Roethlisberger wore a jersey that had the following words printed across his chest: "Drink like a champion today."

The Web site describes itself as "Sports news without access, favor or discretion," and claims it doesn't know when, where or under what circumstances the photos were taken.

"Someone sent them to us," is the explanation posted on Web site.

"We don't have any comment," said Dave Lockett, the Steelers' Communication Coordinator. "Those pictures won't have any effect on the game."

Along with his teammates and the entire Steelers' coaching staff, Roethlisberger addressed the media Wednesday morning at a press conference in Pontiac where the Steelers are staying during Super Bowl week. But Roethlisberger wasn't asked about the pictures. Either reporters didn't know of the photos posted the web site, or, if they did, didn't feel the pictures had anything to do with Roethlisberger's performance in the Super Bowl.

- Mike Bires
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    It's nice to have a dream.
    I hear ya. I'm one miserable fan. I must love the game of baseball and football to be a fan of both the Reds and Browns. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

But my optimism for both organizations has been given a boost in this last year. The hiring of Savage and Crennel (with the booting of Collins aka John Allen), and the ownership change in Cincy.

"Everytime I thing I'm out, they pull me back in again."
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Steelers and Reds fans here as well.

Why?

Jack Lambert and Johnny Bench.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Turn Off Ads?