Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Felipe Lopez avoids arb..1 year $2.7 million

Reds and 26.2's

Felipe Lopez avoids arb..1 year $2.7 million

Last edited by FlyingPig; 02-02-2006 at 10:38 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Felipe Lopez avoids arb..$1 year 2.7 million

now sign lopez to a 3+ year deal.
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

Quote Originally Posted by penantboundreds
    now sign lopez to a 3+ year deal.
    Why? Let him prove he can do it for more than one year before you commit to that kind of deal.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Why? Let him prove he can do it for more than one year before you commit to that kind of deal.
    The earlier you sign him, the cheaper he will be. If he "proves it" for another year, he'll be demanding (and getting) $5 million per season next year.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

With Boras he's most likely already asking that.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    This type of thinking is a big reason why Adam Dunn still does not have a long term contract. You have to have the foresight to lock up your players before they price themselves out of your market.

Re: Felipe Lopez avoids arb..1 year $2.7 million

This type of thinking is a big reason why Adam Dunn still does not have a long term contract. You have to have the foresight to lock up your players before they price themselves out of your market.
    Exactly. If he slumps, and you think 05 was a flash in the pan and want to unload him, there will likely still be suitors out there who will think Felipe can return to 05 form.

This team needs to step up and set a course for the medium term, not just by adding pitching, but by investing in a core of young offensive players (I'd start with Dunn and Felipe, and then consider Kearns or Pena). It's called executing a plan.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

It's called executing a plan.
    Yep. And locking up players at least through their arbitration years is a good one.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

If we don't have faith in FeLo and Dunn to lock up, who will we have faith in?

I hope it's just a stopgap until the new GM is in place, to let him negotiate an extension.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

i think if you end up with Kullman, Krivsky, or Mozeliak (sp) as GM, you'll probably see Lopez get a LTC before season end.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    :aurilia:
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I think Dunn would be the last one to stay LT actually. He has voiced off about the organization not treating players well. He has mentioned things about playing for houston, if Kearns isn't here LT he doesn't want to be. He already said he wouldn't mind testing free agency.

As for Lopez, I think he would want to stay here LT, but I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog

I agree, Dunn needs signed ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    I think Dunn would be the last one to stay LT actually. He has voiced off about the organization not treating players well. He has mentioned things about playing for houston, if Kearns isn't here LT he doesn't want to be. He already said he wouldn't mind testing free agency.
    You may be right. However the grass isn't always necessarily greener on the other side of the fence. Look what HOU is going through now with Bagwell. I'm not saying they are a bad organization because of that situation but just that if he chooses to go there, everything may not be peaches and cream. Every organization has its warts.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Cruisin' for trouble

I had a dream last night that the Reds signed Dunn to a three-year deal.

Seriously.

Turn Off Ads?