Turn Off Ads?

Thread: single game tickets

single game tickets

i know single game tickets go on sale on 2/18, but typically when you go online, the "better" seats (excluding some diamonds) aren't available yet...i believe they hold the rest for season ticket holders...however, are the "better" seats available if you go through the phone? i have never bothered to call for tickets before...anyway, i'm bringing several friends with me to the white sox series, and they would like to sit in the "good" seats, but i'm sure most of them won't be available online right away...any suggestions?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: single game tickets

Many of the better seats are held by the club in the hope that they can be sold in season ticket packages or group sales between now and the beginning of the season. As the season starts, these seats get released into the pool.

Recommendations? You could wait. The White Sox might not draw any better than a run of the mill interleague team. In which case you could get tickets at some point around opening day, when the selection will be greatest.

Alternatively, if you are afraid the Chicagoland world champs are going to be a huge draw, you could buy the best tickets available on the 18th, then try to upgrade later. If better seats become available later, you can scalp or e-bay the ones you don't want.

Good luck!
    Makes all the routine posts.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

What Redsland said - I might add that I've gotten burned by purchasing tickets on the first day thinking that it will be sellout - but was not. You can upgrade, but that still doesn't mean that you will get the tickets that you want. I think it's best that you wait...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

thanks rl and kitty...i thought maybe they had better tickets options available over the phone, but i guess not...i'll have to tell my friends to hold their horses for a while...they've been bugging me since the schedule was first released, as they are excited to go to cincy for the first time...

this year, i've got a couple of back to back trips planned, as the cubs are in town one weekend, followed by the white sox on the next one...looks like i'll be playing chauffeur / tour guide during the month of june

Turn Off Ads?