Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Here We Go Steelers

Here We Go Steelers

As a diehard member of the Steelers Nation for 33 years, Sunday will be that day which every NFL team's fans yearn for. And for the Black & Gold that has been 10 years since our last Super Bowl appearance, and 26 years since we hoisted the Lombardi Trophy. Hopefully this year we get that one for the Thumb.

The experience of Sunday is what I hope every one of our Reds devoted fans can yearn for within the next five years. I think we are on the right track with Castanelli as the boss but having a competent GM to make the key moves will be the key.

Anyways, the beer has been chilling for a week and half. The food will be brought in Sunday. The Black & Gold jerseys are hanging ready to be worn. The war paint is ready to be applied.

Folks the only thing better than this is a Reds world champion.

The Black & Gold will make sure the Super Bowl stays in the AFC.

God Bless.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Here We Go Steelers

Just curious...how does someone become a Reds fan AND a Steelers fan? It just seems like an odd combination to me.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Just curious...how does someone become a Reds fan AND a Steelers fan? It just seems like an odd combination to me.
    Actually, I have been a Reds fan since 1969. I was conceived a Steelers fan on the Inmaculate Reception back in 1973. I have been to Cincinnati five times. I finally attended my first Steelers this season.

The Reds are my passion and love. The Steelers are my religion. Together they have made me one hell of a sports fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Folks the only thing better than this is a Reds world champion.
    Krusty, we have our differences when it comes to football, but I really like this part of your post. On this, we agree. And by the way, I'm going to go ahead and confess that a large part of my disdain for the Steelers is rooted in jealousy. Well, that and they have seemed to always have gritty, rough-cut, smash-mouth players that were easy for fans of other teams to dislike. Those kinds of players make for a good football team, though, and the Bengals would be well-served to have more of them. I'm sure that making sure that Bengals fans love them is pretty low on the Steelers priority list.

I'll always root for whatever team is playing the Steelers, unless a Bengals playoff spot hinges on a Pittsburgh win, but I respect what the organization has done in the past thirty years. The Rooneys have done things right and their national following is impressive.

So, all I can say is "Good luck tomorrow, Steelers. Go out there and break a leg." Oops, did I say that?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Krusty,

I'm very happy for you getting this chance. I can only compare it to the days leading up to the Fiesta Bowl in 2003 with Ohio State only I'm sure this is magnified just a wee bit more than that was. I wish you and your team luck tomorrow night.

That being said, for the past week and a half, I've been in the Steelers camp. But I've just tired of hearing Jerome Bettis this, Jerome Bettis that. I'm tired of Joey Porter (I really wish some group would just take him to a dark alley and beat the living hell out of him and make him shut his mouth). I'm tired of Sean Salsbury's wood for Ben Roethlisberger.

The past 2 or 3 days have swayed me into the Seahawks corner. I'm still predicting a win for the Steelers, but it's going to be awful hard to cheer for them. All my hatred for individual Steelers (mainly Joey Porter) isn't even taking into account what they did to my Bengals.

Did I mention I hate Joey Porter.....

So Krusty, enjoy the game and root like the dickens for your team. But I just can't bring myself to pull for the Steelers.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Krusty, you are wonderful, but hopefully the Steelers get trounced. I'd love for the Lombardi trophy to stay with the AFC any year but the year the Steelers are playing.

If I hear one more thing about Jerome Bettis- who is only a role player at best- I'm going to puke. I don't care about his family's party, or anything else about him for that matter. They guy hasn't even been a factor this season and all we hear about is the bus, the bus, the bus.

One thing that has turned me off about the sports media in general is the way they force their love of a player on the audience. I hope Brett Favre retires because I'm so tired of hearing of how I have to love the guy. Because of him, the Packers are always on Sunday or Monday night football and we have to listen to Dan McGuire go on and on and on about guys like Favre- and I can see it's already happening with Roethlisberger.

I have a feeling they are going to kill the 'Hawks, though, so you should have fun celebrating the victory. I'll have to then look forward to 6-8 months of Steelers trash talking from some of my friends.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 02-04-2006 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    They guy hasn't even been a factor this season and all we hear about is the bus, the bus, the bus.
    My main problem is Willie Parker does all the dirty work but never gets chances to finish off what he started. Parker went over 1200 yards this season but only has 4 touchdowns to show for it while Bettis didn't even break the 400 yard mark but has 9 touchdowns.

Willie Parker did all the work this season while the media made Bettis out to be the workhorse.

I respect Bettis. But I'm just tired of the media making him out to be God.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I just haven't been into the playoffs this year, at least not since the second offensive play for the Bengals game. Ever since Carson Palmer got knocked out, I've felt like the Bishop in "Caddyshack" after he gets struck by lightning. Fifteen years of no playoffs and then this? It's just a bit hard to take. I didn't watch any of the playoff games that came after it, and I've been avoiding all the Super Bowl coverage like the plague. Better just to stick to XM 175 to get pumped up for baseball season.

Krusty, as I told my brother-in-law, I'm happy for you that your team is in the Super Bowl, and I will watch the game. But I will be rooting against the Steelers with every fiber of my being. Once the game is over, I will let it go in order to enjoy the upcoming baseball season.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

got alil captain in u?

as a cowboy fan and the rest of my family being steeler fans i havetaken crap and ran my mouth for the last 2 weeks so i hope the seahawks win in a good game and a well played superbowl

Charlie Batch must NOT get a ring in Detroit...blasphemy!

Go Seahawks.

Krusty, I love ya man.

But I'm a Browns fan. Unless you're playing the Ratbirds, I'm prohibited by law from rooting for you.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I'm pretty much positive that the Steelers are going to win, but I'll be rooting hard for the Seahawks. They've easily become the team I hate the most in all of professional sports (previously: Baltimore Ravens).
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Krusty, you are wonderful, but hopefully the Steelers get trounced. I'd love for the Lombardi trophy to stay with the AFC any year but the year the Steelers are playing.

If I hear one more thing about Jerome Bettis- who is only a role player at best- I'm going to puke. I don't care about his family's party, or anything else about him for that matter. They guy hasn't even been a factor this season and all we hear about is the bus, the bus, the bus.

One thing that has turned me off about the sports media in general is the way they force their love of a player on the audience. I hope Brett Favre retires because I'm so tired of hearing of how I have to love the guy. Because of him, the Packers are always on Sunday or Monday night football and we have to listen to Dan McGuire go on and on and on about guys like Favre- and I can see it's already happening with Roethlisberger.

I have a feeling they are going to kill the 'Hawks, though, so you should have fun celebrating the victory. I'll have to then look forward to 6-8 months of Steelers trash talking from some of my friends.
    I'm getting sick of Joey Porter, honestly. The more I hear him trash talk, the more I hope somebody cleans his clock.

On a side note, i was watching a rookie special on ESPN2 last night with Cadillac, Orton, and Odell Thurman, and they were showing similar clips of Odell and Ray Lewis, and I have to admit, the similarities are noticeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Doesn't every team have a player that you could wish that would shut his mouth.

Give Bettis his due. This is it for him. He had a fabulous career that will get him in the Hall of Fame. So you have to stomach the praise the last two weeks. The man has earned it.

I just hope the Reds new ownership can be someone like the Rooney family and how the Steelers run their franchise....one with stability and one which players enjoy playing for. That usually translates into winning seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Doesn't every team have a player that you could wish that would shut his mouth.[/B]
    We have that, his name is Chad Johnson.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?