Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Here We Go Steelers

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: Here We Go Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    I have always hoped for a close Super Bowl to make things exciting, but today I am hoping for the Seahawks to put a drubbing on the punks in the vein of the '85 Bears 52-10 pasting of the Pats. Just an embarrassing anihillation that will make the Bus warm up early.
    there is always next year
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    there is always next year
    Hey, but the Steelers did live up to the punks reputation. Constantly woofing in guys' faces isn't befitting of a champion. But then that Seahawk Dlineman made a well deserved hit on the umpire. More crappy refereeing from the NFL.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    More crappy refereeing from the NFL.
    Couldnt agree more Seattle got beat by the refs certainly not the steelers :thumbdown

Congrats, Krusty.

Worst. Officiating. Ever.

The play that sticks out the most was the Seahawks play where a completed pass to the 1 was brought back by a hold. Not only wasn't there a hold, TWO steelers were offside. Then Hasselbeck makes a tackle below the waist, but got flagged for block below the waist. Downright pathetic that the NFL decided their "champion" before the game.

BTW, I'm a Packer fan with no bitterness toward the wild card game.

Congrats to the Steelers for capitalizing on three phantom calls (Jackson's offensive pass interference, Rothlisberger's touchdown, and the holding call that turned a first and goal at the two into a first and twenty from the thirty). Gotta hand it to them, they took what the refs gave them and ran with it.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Sour grapes makes some sweet wine....

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Well, that sucked.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Hey, the breaks didn't go the Seahawks way, but they still choked IMO. They may have dominated the game but that doesn't change the fact that they just couldn't get it done.

And hats off to the Steelers. They stuck to their gameplan and it worked. Good for them.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Like I said before, three phantom calls.

Especially ironic considering how the Steelers players and fans cried like babies at the officiating in the Indy game.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Not even close to a Bengals fan, I actually wanted them to lose the wild card game because I was sick of hearing how great they were. However, that Super Bowl was the biggest joke ever. Seattle got completely robbed and the NFL didnt even make it look good. I cant wait to hear Joey Porter come out and say that the refs gave them the game because everyone wanted to see the bus win. The NFL just went down the same road as the NBA people are going to be calling this crap fixed. I am not saying that, I am hoping it was just one real bad game. If that is the best the NFL has to offer on refs then they are in deep trouble. Couldn't have cared less who won this game, just a really dissapointed football fan.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    Sour grapes makes some sweet wine....

Come on. You gotta call this one as you see it. And what I saw were about three or four terrible calls that completely determined the outcome of the game. The Jerome Bettis storyline coupled with the history of the Steelers was just too much for the NFL to ignore. Real easy seeing Pittsburgh getting all the breaks in this game. A shame too, cuz I think the Seahawks outplayed them. Probably the most boring Super Bowl of my lifetime (22 years).

It looks like it's not just Bengals fans that feel that Pittsburgh got a lot of help from the zebras...

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/threa...45&sortBy=null
    Last edited by macro; 02-05-2006 at 11:49 PM.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Nothing completely determined the outcome of this game. Matt Hassleback remembered he was Matt Hassleback. Poor clock management. Red zone inefficiency. Dropped passes. Missed field goals.

Alexander was having success running, yet the Seahawks wanted to play pitch and catch.

Bas calls? The Hasselback penalyty was bad, but had no effect. El's TD Pass would have been 15 yards longer. The TD run? Too close to call. Who is to say if its 4th down He dowsnt run it in there? You dont know. Jackson did push off, there was holding on the other play.

I don't believe for a second that NFL games are rigged. There's too much at stake for them to do that. Plus, if they were, wouldn't we have someone who's blown the whistle by now.

Of course the games aren't rigged. If they were, why watch? It'd be like pro wrestling.

Turn Off Ads?