Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pecota?

Man Pills

Re: Pecota?

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    Do you mean the Reds or Pecota in general?

I thought they were pretty ON the mark, other than Kearns.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=15
    They missed Pena, Lopez by a considerable margin as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia
    Now that we have these projections why play the season? We all now know how the players are going to perform.
    Wow, is there a rule that somebody has to make this exact same inane comment every year in the PECOTA thread?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Wow, is there a rule that somebody has to make this exact same inane comment every year in the PECOTA thread?

apparently
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Gesh M2, haven't you read the rules of the board? It falls between the rules about posting that Dunn strikes out too much and the one about restructuring Pena's contract so he can be sent down.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    and the one about restructuring Pena's contract so he can be sent down.

I've always thought that would be a good idea.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    and the one about restructuring Pena's contract so he can be sent down.

That's an AWESOME idea!!!!
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

My thought exactly, they are just stats folks, if they bother you so much then might I suggest you leave your snide comments about them elsewhere?

I think they are low on Lopez, but given the historical performance of the rest of the Reds lineup should we expect any different? I kind of like what they have to say about EdE. That would be a nice first full season, not great, but good.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck
    I kind of like what they have to say about EdE. That would be a nice first full season, not great, but good.

275/.344/.485

829 OPS at third.

That would have been good enough for 6th overall in the majors last year (5th in the NL).

Since Harang has improved his numbers every year, I wonder why the drop in his numbers.

I'm really hoping Clussen takes the next step the way Aaron did last offseason.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    275/.344/.485

829 OPS at third.

That would have been good enough for 6th overall in the majors last year (5th in the NL).
    I agree but I think it shows just how valuable a decent thirdbasemen is. Perhaps the GABP version of Joe Randa should have netted more of a return?
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

If Double E throws up those rates this year, mark me as thrilled. Here's hoping he approaches those in the spring and out of the gate so he fends off any dipstickish thoughts of Aurilia stealing AB's.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Man Pills

PECOTA are kind of a fun little frippery, but honestly, one really has to wonder what the boys over there were thinking to project WMP with a .351 OBP for last year--there is nothing whatsoever in his profile that even hinted at his ability to do that. Players don't just stumble upon a .350 OBP--getting up over that mark indicates a deliberate and rare skill set. Every point over that mark raises a player's worth exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I've always thought that would be a good idea.
    We should ask Kullman!1!!

wow - Dan0's big off-season aquisition after Lefty Williams is ranked only above Miguel Perez and a cub.

Turn Off Ads?