Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What players on other MLB teams do you love to hate?

Re: What players on other MLB teams do you love to hate?

I have to say Sosa, Chipper...and any/every Yankee.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bonds
    Edmonds
    Andruw Jones
    Pedro Martinez
    Kent

Dusty Baker

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan
    Looking at former players, I also must add Steve Garvey to the list. The fact he "competed" with Tony for 1B all-star honors did not help his cause with me at the time.
    Along the same lines, I got a little sick of Ozzie stealing AllStar starting jobs from Barry just because he did back flips. I grew to resent Ozzie a little because of that.

Edmonds (I started to just copy his name like 10 times)
    Sosa
    Jeff Kent
    Jeter
    ARod
    Craig Biggio (aka Mr. Body Armor)
    Managers
    LaRussa
    Dusty Baker
    (Does it have to be players only? Cause I'd add the Cubs fans here.
    About the Cubs... there's not like any one player that typifies that Cub Attitude. You take Wood, Prior, almost any of them and put them on the Reds, or another team and it's nothing personal. They are good players. But that attitude that is predominant in the fans is what kills me where the Cubs are concerned.)

Teams
    Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by bomarl1969
    Greg Maddux
    Out of curiosity, why Maddux. Personally, other than mouthing an occasional "F" bomb after giving up a dinger, I've always found "The Professor" to be one of the classiest players playing today. You never hear of him talking smack, I've never seen him intentionally throw at a batter, and the guy is a workhorse who just goes out there every time and gives it all he has.

TheHugeUnit

Ortiz, Manny, schilling the rest of the Red Soxs, Bonds, and Pedro

Reds Chick Baseblogger

Are we really three pages into this thread and no one's said Eckstein?? That little rat hit a walk-off grand slam last season!
    Endeavoring to make "Javier Valentin" a household name since 2005.

Check out this week's podcast.

Sorry, that little rat's a gator. How can you hate some one who's gotta take a crow-hop from shortstop. Liked him more when he played in the American League, but still like him.

Schilling
    Ortiz
    Edmonds
    Clemens
    Bill Hall
    Sosa
    Dusty Baker
    Kerry Wood
    Mark Prior
    Carlos Zambrano
    Larry Jones
    BARRY BONDS
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hot Mama
    Are we really three pages into this thread and no one's said Eckstein?? That little rat hit a walk-off grand slam last season!
    I love Eckstein because he showed how smart Jocketty is and how wrong people are when they try and pigeon hole players. One of those people being myself
    Last edited by Cedric; 02-06-2006 at 10:43 PM.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Reds Chick Baseblogger

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red
    Sorry, that little rat's a gator. How can you hate some one who's gotta take a crow-hop from shortstop. Liked him more when he played in the American League, but still like him.
    OK, I got the third sentence. I could use a translator on the first two. A little help?

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    Out of curiosity, why Maddux. Personally, other than mouthing an occasional "F" bomb after giving up a dinger, I've always found "The Professor" to be one of the classiest players playing today. You never hear of him talking smack, I've never seen him intentionally throw at a batter, and the guy is a workhorse who just goes out there every time and gives it all he has.
    I don't like him because he always got that outside corner, I know it's not his fault but I can't stand crap like that.
    Go Gators!

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hot Mama
    OK, I got the third sentence. I could use a translator on the first two. A little help?
    1) My sincerest apologies, but the diminuative man in question is an alumnus of the University of Florida (therefore I choose not to speak ill of him).

2) I find it incredulous that you would hold animosity towards a man that has overcome his physical limitations (such as a arm of dubious strength) to play so well on the Major league level.

Reds Chick Baseblogger

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong
    1) My sincerest apologies, but the diminuative man in question is an alumnus of the University of Florida (therefore I choose not to speak ill of him).

2) I find it incredulous that you would hold animosity towards a man that has overcome his physical limitations (such as a arm of dubious strength) to play so well on the Major league level.
    Thank you.

1) Oh, OK.
    2) Well, it's certainly not because he'd be exactly the sort of quick little guy that I would fawn over if he played on my team. No siree.

Gonelong beat me to it. Eck plays the game like little leaguers play. He runs as hard down the line as hard as he can no matter what. He's just a guy that has been told at every level he isn't good enough to be there. Eck's got no quit in him. He's an excellent role model to kids everywhere, don't give up your dream just because someone says you aren't good enough. Work harder than anyone else, show more heart than anyone else and maybe things will fall into place for you.

Plus you get major brownie points if you went to the same college I go to in the town I grew up in. It's great to be a Florida Gator. Anyone watch Gameday on Saturday morning? We camped out in front of the O'Dome the night before in thunderstorms. Once they let us in and the Gameday cameras started rolling I honestly thought the stands were gonna collapse. It was a hell of a day. Sorry, went off topic.

Turn Off Ads?