Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tiger Stadium

Tiger Stadium

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2317676

Very interesting article and video clip on how Tiger Stadium has been brought back to life for at least a few days to hose a promotional event for the Super Bowl. Pretty sad if you ask me. I think it's just depressing to see this once great stadium lie in disarray and rot to the point of not being able to handle any sort of large event. If this had happened to Riverfront, I can't even imagine the outcry in Cincy. I do hope they could do something to preserve the stadium for future generations, maybe if a little league or AAU type of organization could buy the stadium for tournaments. I don't see it happening with the cost it would take to refurbish the stadium though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tiger Stadium

i went by there about 3 months ago and there were homeless people sleeping by the front entrance. i don't care for the tigers but its a real shame to see such a piece of history go down the tubes.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Re: Tiger Stadium

There is a night club inside Old Tiger Stadium. I have been in Detroit the past two weeks on business, and I heard commercials on the radio for it.

Club 1620 or something like that "Inside Old Tiger Stadium".

Turn Off Ads?