Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Commercials thread

Re: Super Bowl Commercials thread

The Budweiser Clydesdale pony gets my vote this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

"Brown and bubbly?"

Someone should be fired for that one.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I agree Johnny. The whole Diet Pepsi thing from the "Machine" to Jay Mohr has been, well, stupid.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    "Brown and bubbly?"

Someone should be fired for that one.
    I can think of other brown and bubbly things that aren't very pleasant.

Diet Pepsi ones - STUPID

Not really impressed with any of them, though I liked the "Dreams" one.

The Bud Lite/Grizzly bear one was OK ("I still got the moves!").

And the monkey's celebrating sales was pretty good. That one image of the monkey with the cigar in his mouth with a burning bill in his hand was pretty good.

But the commercials, like the game, was ho-hum.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Agreed. Disappointing crop of commercials this year. I did like the Emerald Nuts spot where they spelled out every letter, instead of just the E and N. Also, the Dr. Spock Aleve commercial was a nice idea.

Among the worst were again the Diet Pepsi ads. The sight of Jay Mohr just makes me cringe. Just as cringeworthy was the movie ad for Tim Allen's "The Shaggy Dog" with Chris Berman doing his same old tired voiceover schtick.

Future Reds All Star

I liked the Budweiser pony and the Budweiser wave. Thought the wave was creative if nothing more.

Here is a link where you can vote for your favorite or just watch them again if you want

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/superbowlads

Pretty disappointing batch this year. I did get a good chuckle out of the phone with the theft deterrent system though.

The Sierra Mist (airport security) one was also very good, as was the Burger King (dancing food) spot.

I thought this year's batch was the best in at least three years. Six, if you happened to think 2003 was flat.

The funny ones were generally funny, the sappy ones tugged on the appropriate heart strings, there were a few clunkers to help us appreciate the gems, and production values were excellent.

Makes all the routine posts.

My favorite was the streaking sheep
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    The Sierra Mist (airport security) one was also very good, as was the Burger King (dancing food) spot.

Yeah, those were my two favorites.

Kathy Griffin is hilarious.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

The only ones that I really laughed at were the Sierra Mist one and the two Sprint commercials ("Theft Deterrant" and "Benny Hill Music").

But, even the Sierra Mist commercial just seemed like something I'd expect to watch during an episode of Boston Legal -- nothing spectacular or worthy of a Super Bowl ad buy in the 1st half.

While I liked the Burger King commercial, I was really hoping for a better usage of The King mascot (currently my favorite series of commercials going). I have to chalk that one up as a partial "dud."

Biggest dud of the night: repeat commercials. Why would anyone spend $2.5 million dollars to run a commercial that's been showing for months already (see: Gillette and it's pointless 5 bladed razor, and Hummer)? Talk about killing an potential buzz...
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

In case anyone missed any of the commercials, or if you want to watch again:

http://video.google.com/superbowl.html

Did anyone see the promo for the Adam Sandler movie coming out this summer. Looked hilarious, but I forgot the name of it.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Nevermind. Found it. It's called "Click" if anyone is interested.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

The more I thought about it, the Monkey thing with the profits (or losses as it were) was pretty funny - SOmething about a Monkey lighting a cigar with a $100 bill that works.

I still like the Benny Hill Sprint one the best but think many may have missed the reference.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Turn Off Ads?