Turn Off Ads?

Thread: An Obie croney gets the hook

An Obie croney gets the hook

This was in the enquirer:

MINOR CHANGE: Reds minor-league infield coordinator Freddie Benavides will handle the responsibilities of minor-league field coordinator until a replacement for Bob Miscik is hired. The Reds fired Miscik Friday.

Anyone know any background on this decision? Did this amount to throwing one of DanO's old binders on the burn pile, or was there a problem with Miscik?
    Better to be silent and thought a fool, than speak and be proven one.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: An Obie croney gets the hook

Benevides... Havent heard that name in a while.

Benevides and Reggie Jefferson stick out in my mind as two great examples of Reds "never-were's" during the late 80s - early 90s period. Guys who just never lived up to what they were billed to become.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    Benevides and Reggie Jefferson stick out in my mind as two great examples of Reds "never-were's" during the late 80s - early 90s period. Guys who just never lived up to what they were billed to become.

Bring back Rafael Landestoy!!!

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Jefferson actually did pretty well when hew as given the chance to play:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/j/jeffere01.shtml

A little bit more power than Hal Morris and Sean Casey... a little less on-base skill. More injury prone.

Benavides was the true bust.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

but hey, we got Tim Costo for him from Cleveland.
    then got Mark Lewis for Costo. From Cleveland.
    then got David Wells for Lewis from Detroit.
    then got Curtis Goodwin for Wells from Baltimore.
    then got Mark Hutton from Colorado for Goodwin. then it kind of stops there.
    figured there might be someone good in that trade-line eventually. looks like i was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyReds2003
    Bring back Rafael Landestoy!!!
    Actually, the Reds were able to trade Landestoy for John Franco...that was a "decent" trade
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit
    but hey, we got Tim Costo for him from Cleveland.
    then got Mark Lewis for Costo. From Cleveland.
    then got David Wells for Lewis from Detroit.
    then got Curtis Goodwin for Wells from Baltimore.
    then got Mark Hutton from Colorado for Goodwin. then it kind of stops there.
    figured there might be someone good in that trade-line eventually. looks like i was wrong.
    Mark Hutton--when I think of great ex-reds, I think of Mark Hutton. He falls in right between Wade Rowdon and Billy Bates.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?