Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Michigan week...Go Bucks!

It's Michigan week...Go Bucks!

Thursday night...

It's been a long time since both OSU and TTUN have both been ranked when they played each other. This will be a key battle for Big Ten supremecy. Huge game. Go Bucks. Stick it to Michigan at their place...AGAIN!

Predictions?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Re: It's Michigan week...Go Bucks!

Honest question...how big does this rivalry get in Basketball. I understand its importance in Football...just curious how it translates to other Sports...
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

The basketball rivalry comes nowhere close to the football rivalry (which is the greatest rivalry in all of college sports). But...it's STILL huge. Buckeye fans want to whoop TTUN in EVERYTHING...

Losing to TTUN in basketball still sucks. But if forced to choose which sport Buckeye fans would rather lose to them in, it's basketball, easily.

That said, we still want to pound them.

Go Bucks!

When I see OSU vs Michigan I think football not basketball.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

This is coming from one of the biggest Ohio State fans around.....Ohio State and Michigan in anything other than football really isn't a big deal. Sure it's always nice to beat them in something, but it's not even close to being taken as life or death in anything other than that one Saturday in late November every year.

As far as the game goes, it should be a good one. Michigan is a tough place to play and Ohio State has struggled on the road in the Big 10 in recent years (of course, who hasn't?). Michigan has the outside game to match up with Ohio State so I think it will come down to who plays better in the paint. If Dials plays well, Ohio State wins and if he doesn't I don't think they do.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Dude, I want to beat 'em at EVERYTHING...women's basketball, softball, ice hockey, you name. Football is king but in all things I say: BEAT MICHIGAN!

got alil captain in u?

as a big buckeye fan myself i like max venerbale want to kick there butts in everything but it's no where near the rivalry in football i will be glued to the tv as the bucks beat taht state up north thursday nite no slyverster heroics needed buckeyes by 10

I don't care if we are playing them in intramural flag football, I want to beat scUM in everything. I will watch, support, or attend every OSU/UM game that I can. Who cares if it's basketball? We are on our way to the tournament and pounding scUM will make it that much sweeter. Go Bucks!

The new polls are out and OSU is #17...TTUN is #22.

By the way, 6 Big Ten teams are currently in the top 25 (and Wisconsin is not one of them).

Also, I find it interesting (and very cool) that the Buckeyes are having a better season than:
    • Kansas
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona
    • North Carolina
    • Louisville
    • Syracuse

All are perennial powers...and the Bucks are better than all of them this year.

PLUS...wait till next year!

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    PLUS...wait till next year!
    Why? What's special about Oden, Conley, Hunter, Cook and Lighty?

"Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Why? What's special about Oden, Conley, Hunter, Cook and Lighty?

Holy smokes...makes me drool.

WHile the hoops rivalry is definitely a different critter than the gridiron counterpart, it is still big - at least for basketball fans. Traditionally hoops fans may get a bit more jacked up for Indiana, Illinois, or even Iowa but still it's that school up north and this year both seem to be fielding nice teams.

I still remember being there when a Glen Rice led Michigan came in to St, John and lost (I think it was '87-88?). I just got out of a ddouble-OT intramural game, ran to the arena, and had to take my student season spot (ON THE FLOOR back in the good ol days). I usually took stats for Coach Williams, so to actually be able to yell with my friends again (I could get a T on the bench if I yelled from the table) was cool, especially for that game! I nearly passed out a few times from the yelling and the aforementioned 2-OT game I just finished up! Awesome college memories!!!!

I think it'll be a good match-up too. If Penn State beating the Illini at Champagne didn't show us that anything can and will happen in the Big Ten this year, then I don't know what will! But I'll say 81-73 Buckeyes.

I'll be coming down when tsun pays us the return visit at the end of the month. Can't wait. GO BUCKS!!!!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

The bigger game is Sunday vs Illinois.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

The Bucks are now ranked #12 in the latest RPI. U of M is #17.

Seven Big Ten schools in the top 25. Amazing.

Ummm....wow. We certainly lived by the 3 in this one. But I must point out executed some very nice offensive sets as well. All in all a very tough win.

Teams looked evenly matched for the most part, though they do has some different pieces, Can't believe tsun went away from Sims when no Buckeye could stop him. Foster et al did a nice job keeping Horton out of the offensive flow. Our rebounding continues to concern me, as we cannot always outshoot our deficiencies.

When Dion went out with that twisted ankle, it semed the Volves just lost their zeal. Very entertaining game, especially given the outcome! Sunday will be fun!!!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?