Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: your favorite sports teams...

Re: your favorite sports teams...

MLB: Cincinnati Reds. No other team comes close. If the Reds are out of contention, I tend to then root for whatever team has some players I like. The Red Sox have usually wound up being my number two team.
    NFL: Cincinnati Bengals and Oakland Raiders. When I first began following pro football, Cincinnati didn't have a pro team. I loved the Raiders offense and I've been a fan of both teams for more than 30 years. Except for a brief period in the mid 1970s and again in the early 1980s, the two teams have never been good at the same time, so a conflict in allegiance rarely has occurred. I will admit to pulling for the Raiders over the Bengals when they met in the 1975 AFC playoffs. I was a huge fan of the Stabler-Biletnikoff-Upshaw-Hendricks-Blanda-Shell-Madden Raiders teams. I also like the Green Bay Packers.
    NBA: Nobody. I was a fan of the Lakers in the early 1970s when they had Wilt and West, but I haven't cared all that much since.
    NHL: Nobody.
    College football: 1. Marshall; 2. Alabama; 3. Penn State
    College basketball: 1. Marshall; 2. Duke (my udergraduate and law school respectively)
    Auto racing: I tend to root for whoever drives for Team Penske in open wheel racing solely because I was a fan of Rick Mears.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    College basketball: 1. Marshall; 2. Duke (my udergraduate and law school respectively)
    Are you going to the Memphis game at the Cam today? I wish I could be there but my 102 degree fever had somethign to say about driving to Huntington. Oh well, I'll catch the game on CSTV. Go Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan
    Are you going to the Memphis game at the Cam today? I wish I could be there but my 102 degree fever had somethign to say about driving to Huntington. Oh well, I'll catch the game on CSTV. Go Herd!
    Nope. My wife and I are going to a birthday party for one of my partners, who turns 80 tomorrow, and his son, who is 50 today.
    By the way, today's newspaper reported that former Marshall basketball coach Rick Huckabay is gravely ill with cancer and his wife has requested prayers.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

MLB: Reds. I grew up a Tribe fan, but after moving away from the Cleveland area, and living in Cincinnati, I became a Reds fan.

NFL: Bengals. I also grew up a Browns fan, but like many others I was scorned by Art Modell. Even though the Browns exsist, it doesn't feel right. It's kinda like when you were a kid, and your dog died so your parents went out and purchased an identical animal to try and fool you.

NBA: Cavs. I don't follow them that closely. NBA just doesn't intrest me that much these days.

NHL: Never got into this sport. Have a few friends who love it.

NCAA: THE Ohio State University.

MLB: Reds, obviously.
    NFL: Colts fan since I got an autographed football in the third grade.
    NCAA Hoops: Bearcats. Nancy Zimpher has sent me into depression.
    NCAA football: Bearcats again. Even though there isn't much cheer for. I blame Nancy again.
    NBA: No real preference. I want the Pistons to win it this year so that Maxiell can get a ring though. If they don't win I can probably find a way to blame Nancy Zimpher.
    PGA: Love watching all the guys. But you gotta love watching John Daly win with his style. Watch out Nancy!! Four!!!

This could be the year Phil in BG's Avatar

MLB- Reds, started following the Reds in 1969 or 1970.
    AAA-Louisville, Mud Hens
    NFL-Bengals from their inception.
    College Hockey-BGSU
    College Football- BGSU, Buckeyes...it's tough when they play each other..it's a big hit though if the Buckeyes lose and not so bad for the Falcons if they play close
    College Basketball-BGSU, Buckeyes
    College Baseball-BGSU

MLB: Reds I have loved them since I was about 4 years old.
    NFL: Cowboys It's just the team I've always liked. I also liked their cheerleaders as a kid.
    NBA: I used to watch the Chicago Jordans but couldn't care less otherwise.
    Anything NCAA: The real MU- Marshall Universtiy- WE ARE MARSHALL
    Racing: Couldn't care less who wins but I've always liked the Cheerios car.
    Little League: The teams that my two children are on.

MLB - Reds.
    NFL - Bengals.
    NCAA Basketball - UC.
    NCAA Football - THE Ohio State University.
    NBA - Could care less, will watch a game if a former UC player is involved as long a something more interesting like a Bob Vila infomercial isn't on.
    NHL - Red Wings, but I'm definitely not a diehard hockey guy.

MLB- Reds, Red Sox
    NBA- Bulls
    NFL- 49ers
    College- University of Rhode Island
    BARRY LARKIN -- BEST PLAYER EVER.

MLB-- Reds
    NFL-- Bengals
    NBA-- New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets
    NCAA Basketball-- Xavier men's and women's basketball
    NCAA Football-- none really
    NHL-- none
    Last edited by snowstorm; 02-12-2006 at 03:15 PM.
    I hate the Cubs!!

MLB: Cincinnati Reds

NBA: Boston Celtics

NFL: Washington Redskins (I like the Bengals as well but they aren't my fav)

NHL: Don't care. I don't like hockey at all, but if I had to pick a favorite team, then I guess I'd pick the Boston Bruins.

NCAA Basketball: Duke (My fav was UNC until a couple years ago)

NCAA FB: Miami

NCAA Baseball: Miami/Duke

Golf: Tiger Woods

Tennis: Andy Roddick/Andre Agassi tie

Soccer: Like hockey, don't care. But I'll say D.C. United.

Turn Off Ads?