Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ouch! Bill Cower....

Ouch! Bill Cower....

doing a Who Dey chant during his "speech" in Pittsburgh today.

Just showed it on the local news. Hmmmm. Wonder who's rubbing it in the face of the Bengals.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ouch! Bill Cower....

I tell ya what...this is turning into quite the rivalry before out very eyes.

I know it was a rivalry before, but now that the Bengals have chances to beat Pittsburgh, it just takes it to new heights.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Ken Broo (the local NBC newscaster) said "Marvin, I think this one's for you".
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

If Cowher really said that (and I wouldn't put it past him), then it was pretty classless IMO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Cower didn't say "Marvin, I think this one's for you".... the local sports caster did. I think he thought it was implied.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Maybe it becomes a rivalry afterall?
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

I don't like seeing Cowher and some of the Pittsburgh players taunting the Bengals and their fans, but I have to admit that Chad, TJ, and even Marvin (with the "like their quarterback did" comment) probably fired the first shots. If they're gonna dish it out, then they have to be ready to hear it back from Hines, Bettis, and Cowher. Problem is, the fans of the teams feel the bite of these things when they had nothing to do with it.

If I had my druthers, Chad and TJ would never have been allowed to perform their antics (stuff with the yellow towels, comments, etc.) in the first place, but such is the modern athlete, I guess. I come from the old school where you just don't do that stuff, but I'll admit that I've probably become a fossil. In the end, it's all just entertainment, including the games themselves, so maybe I should just get used to it?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    Maybe it becomes a rivalry afterall?
    A hammer and a nail isn't a rivalry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

A hammer and a nail isn't a rivalry.
    True. The nail doesn't usually win the division.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    True. The nail doesn't usually win the division.
    Just the Super Bowl.

I wonder when Jerome Bettis gets into the HOF if he'll have the Bengals defense from the 90s and the first few years of this decade to present him cause I don't think he'd be there without them.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

The Hammer won the Super Bowl. But this year the Nail exacted some revenge with a division championship.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

The Hammer won the Super Bowl. But this year the Nail exacted some revenge with a division championship.
    Yes I'm sure the Steelers were crying about that on Sunday.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I'm sure it was the farthest thing from their minds, but from the Bengals' perspective, it's an accomplishment.

I'm sure it was the farthest thing from their minds, but from the Bengals' perspective, it's an accomplishment.
    I agree but when the Steelers beat them in the playoffs on their field it just kind of reiterates the point that the Steelers have dominated the Bengals over the last decade or so.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I agree but when the Steelers beat them in the playoffs on their field it just kind of reiterates the point that the Steelers have dominated the Bengals over the last decade or so.
    Yet the Bengals have finished ahead of them in the standings in two of the past three seasons.

As for the playoff victory, and I hesitate to bring this up again, but Kimo was the team MVP for that game. Even my Steeler-fan friends admit that that win came with an asterisk. Not denying that the Steelers have had LOTS more success than the Bengals 1991-2002, just saying that that particular win may not be the best "case in point".

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Turn Off Ads?