Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Nationals (Who else?) sign Ruben Mateo to minor league deal

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Nationals (Who else?) sign Ruben Mateo to minor league deal

Per Rotoworld.com.

Nationals signed outfielder Ruben Mateo to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.

Mateo's experience in Korea didn't go well, as he played in just 34 games for the LG Twins and hit .223. He only turned 28 last week, so there's still some hope he could contribute as a reserve outfielder somewhere down the line. The Nationals will stick him in Triple-A at the start of the year. Feb. 16 - 3:09 am et

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Re: Nationals (Who else?) sign Ruben Mateo to minor league deal

Leather Pants has a thing for all former players of his.. i've never seen someone recycle so many former players then him.

Ruben Mateo is 28??? Someone check his birth certificate.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Jim Bowden the man who stepped into yesterday.

How could the nats lose out on Taylor and Sadler?
    Go Gators!

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

It makes sense. If I was a GM that just lost out on Sosa my next move logically would be to sign Mateo who hasnt played since 2004 when he hit a sizzling .206.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules
    It makes sense. If I was a GM that just lost out on Sosa my next move logically would be to sign Mateo who hasnt played since 2004 when he hit a sizzling .206.
    He could be the Baritone they seek in their Latin Barbershop Quartet.

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules

Hey he's a 5 (count 'em) 5 tool player...do you think any of those tools is a table saw?

I really don't think Bowden is going to last when (if?) the new ownership takes control out here in D.C. These offseason moves have been befuddling, at least...the Soriano deal was a bad move at the time, and is looking worse now that Soriano has said he won't move to the OF. Then Bowden brings in Royce Clayton to compete with Cristian Guzman (presumably because Womack had already been snatched up), and now Mateo.

Add that to the fact that nothing was done to improve the starting rotation, the Nats gave up a solid hitter and producer in Wilkerson for an overpriced Soriano (whose power will evaporate in spacious RFK), and the team's lack of speed and high OBP guys means a long summer her ein the Capital.

Ruben Mateo is no on'e savior--except, perhaps, for Bowden.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?