Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Random thought -- Gary Sheffield, HOF?

Random thought -- Gary Sheffield, HOF?

I was looking at Sheffield's numbers and can't help wonder how history will view him. To me, I think he desevers it, but he's sitting in Jim Rice territory. Two more years at his current pace probably put him over the top across the board. Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Random thought -- Gary Sheffield, HOF?

me and two of my roommates were having this arguement a couple of nights ago. they were arguing who was more deserving of HOF, sheffield or albert belle. we took a look at sheff's numbers and I cant help but think he is deserving of going into the HOF. two more seasons and he will end up with 500+ HR, 1600+ R, 1600+ RBI. His career OPS is .925 and he should end end with a career BA of about .295. The two James HOF measurements have Sheffield as a likely HOFer as well. I don't know about a first ballot but I think he'll get in.

Re: Random thought -- Gary Sheffield, HOF?

If Sheffield doesn't get in, it'd be a total joke, but part of me thinks he could end up getting the Dick Allen shaft. Sheffield thus far in his career has basically been Tony Gwynn's equal in production; they each just accumulated that same production in ways that are polar opposites.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Turn Off Ads?