Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Krivsky

Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: It's Krivsky

That makes more sense than Hal's drivel this morning. It's time that guy retires. My sources are more accurate than his.

I think Krivsky is a fine choice, especially since we get to keep Beattie too. Good luck to him. May he be the anti O'Brien.

Ok, not bad. Not my first choice by any means, but I'm willing to give the guy a shot and I'm optimistic that he can come through. I'm a bit concerned that he leans a little too much to the skills side for my taste, but as long as Kullman is around I feel like he provides a good balance.

It would be interesting to see where the Reds would be now if Krivsky was the hire three years ago. Hopefully he can make up for lost time.

If he wants some help on what his first order of business should be, I think I can provide a starting point: get Dunn signed long-term. No more messing around with arbitration and all that, let Dunn know he's a building block and move forward. That act in and of itself will go a long way towards me believing in Krivsky. As long as he identifies Dunn as the type of player that this organization needs to build around, he's ok by me.
    Last edited by Sabo Fan; 02-08-2006 at 04:06 PM.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

I think that he is a step in the right direction in a sense that he is not Beattie. Glass is half-full.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Glass half full indeed. Given some of the other names, I can definitely live with Krivsky (the Kriv?).

I'm curious where his involvement with the Twins was strongest. Specifically was he was involved with the Pierzynski for Nathan, Liriano, and Bosner deal. If that's not THE perfect example of leveraging a young player at peak value, I don't know what is.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Well...there's this from the press release...

While with the Twins Krivsky assisted Ryan in negotiating contracts for Major League players, including salary arbitration cases and multi-year deals. He helped negotiate multi-year contracts for Twins stars Torii Hunter, Joe Mays, Corey Koskie, Jacque Jones and Shannon Stewart. Krivsky also worked on Brad Radke’s first multi-year deal.
    ...Adam Dunn anyone...??

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

My pick all along. Hal's report had me hanging my head yesterday, but this is fantastic news as far as I'm concerned.

You can't argue with the work he's done getting grade A young talent in Minnesota on a shoe string budget. He's not overly saberific, but he's a smart cookie. I'm sure he'll balance both viewpoints, and he should still have Kullman around for numbers analysis...and Beattie around as the experienced voice. He can play the Theo role -- balancing analysis from the grizzled old front office veterans on one hand with the analysis of the old and new moneyball acolytes on the other.

Great googly moogly! First, he fires DanO. Then he hires Krivsky. "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone..." Color me convinced about Castellini.
    Last edited by Crash Davis; 02-08-2006 at 04:22 PM.
    "I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

I thought it would be Wren, but I'm pretty happy with this pick.

What a difference since Castellini took control.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    What a difference since Castellini took control.

RFS: first, good to be talking Reds when they do something positive. What's it been, three or four years? Seems like it anyway. What a drought of dismal baseball happenings for this franchise since the Griffey trade and Dunn arrival.

Second, you're right. What a difference Castellini has made! The most impressive thing about this hire was the process. We're used to seeing the Reds follow the path of least resistance. The O'Brien hiring process was a joke. "You have a whole binder showing ways in which we could save money?! In that case, here, the job is yours."

I'm convinced about Castellini now. Under the Lindner-Allen regime, I would have had every reason to suspect that the process was a sham and Kullman or Beattie would take over since it's easier just to go with the devil you know...

It's almost like the Lindner front office never had enough confidence in their own baseball business acumen to go out and find the right man, so they just had a couple of guys in and staged a mock major league GM search. They played it safe.

It's refreshing to see action rather than reaction out of the Reds ownership.
    "I fought because I understood and could not bear to understand, that it was my destiny -- unlike that of my father, whose fate it was to hear the roar of the crowd -- to sit in the stands with most men and acclaim others. It was my fate, my destiny, my end, to be a fan."

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I continue to applaud Mr. Castellini.

This no bull crap approach he uses is going to pay off for this organization.

It would appear that our prayers over the last 3-4 years (at least) have been answered.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

On the brink of disaster acredsfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    That makes more sense than Hal's drivel this morning. It's time that guy retires. My sources are more accurate than his.
    Reading Hals article it seems like he orginally stated that it was according to sources that Beattie would be hired, but then he kept saying later on that that it was kinda speculation by the souces because Mr. Cast. said he wanted to hire someone with previous GM experience... I'm not defending Hal, that seemed to be an article you would expect from a less experienced reporter just trying to break a big story and get a little credit if it his guess was right. Hal on the other hand should not be taking risks like that, he is an experienced reporter who should know better. Hal is a highly respected reporter and doesn't have to take risks, that just makes him look even worse when he is wrong.
    "I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." -- House

"You guys are still thinking like doctors when you should be thinking like plumbers. Come on, I wanna see some butt crack." -- House

I love it. Wonder if Krivsky will spend an hour thanking every positive influence in his life since the 2nd grade or if he'll be content to get to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Davis
    RFS: first, good to be talking Reds when they do something positive.

It's refreshing to see action rather than reaction out of the Reds ownership.

No kidding. Decisive action, due diligence with a respectable field of candidates, no excuses, and look at how it's playing in Reds Nation. Hope. How long has it been?

I'm freakin' hopeful now.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Any of you guys who are archive prone, could you please find THE thread that had DanO's annoucement in it. I ask because reading this thread brought back some SERIOUS deja-vu for me.
    "Is there a problem officers?"

Turn Off Ads?