Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happens to Brad Kullman?

bunter

What happens to Brad Kullman?

Since I have no life I was checking out the Reds website and looked at the front office roster and noticed that they already had Krivsky listed as the GM but the Brad Kullman was nowhere to be seen. I hadn't heard anything and wondered if he was or is all the way out.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...e.jsp?c_id=cin

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What happens to Brad Kullman?

What happens to Brad Kullman?
    If he's smart he'll forward on those questions for the GM that RZ sent him the other day.

Yep, Jim Beattie isn't on that list either.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

If Kullman stuck around after DanO demoted him, I have to think he'll give Krivsky a shot. I don't have any reason to believe he'll get the boot under Krivsky/RCast.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Marc's blog contains information about both.

Beattie is supposedly gone from the REDS and Kullman is still their even though he didn't attend the announcement due to family commitments.

Perhaps then just an oversight by whomever does the Reds web site?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

It probably is just a "transition period" issue. Kullman was listed on there as the interim GM before Krivsky was officially named as the GM and I suspect whoever put Wayne's name there just didn't put Brad's name back in the spot it was in before (which was under the same category Maddox and those guys are under).
    And this one belongs to the Reds!!!- Hall of Famer Marty Brennaman

He's listed on there now. Not sure if it was an accidental mistake during the update, but in either case, they have him listed again.

Perhaps someone who is in charge of that checked this thread out because Kullman is back on the page listed as director of Major League operations. I got a little worried there earlier when I saw this.

Hopefully Krivsky will realize that Kullman is a bright baseball mind and will take the time to get his opinion often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    Marc's blog contains information about both.

Beattie is supposedly gone from the REDS and Kullman is still their even though he didn't attend the announcement due to family commitments.
    That part about Beattie being gone is interesting. If he is gone, what was he brought in for, unless it was to get a leg up on the GM job? And if that was why he was brought in, Krivisky getting the job over him is even more impressive.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....602090324/1027

By Marc Lancaster
    Post staff reporter

When Bob Castellini hired Jim Beattie as a special adviser two and a half weeks ago, it was with a specific task in mind.

The former Montreal Expos and Baltimore Orioles general manager - and major league pitcher - would evaluate the Reds' pitching at all levels, "from soup to nuts," and give the new CEO an assessment of what worked and what didn't.

Beattie completed the task in the agreed-upon two-week time frame, but that turned out to be the end of his work with the Reds. Castellini said Wednesday that the other finalist for the job that went to Wayne Krivsky would not remain with the organization.

"No, he's not," Castellini said. "But I was very grateful for his special advisory help the last two weeks, he's been great. He's a great baseball man and a great individual. He'll be a general manager again."

Beattie had the most top-level experience among the nine known candidates for the job, and many considered him the favorite going in. He met Castellini through a mutual friend, Boston Red Sox president Larry Lucchino, and came highly recommended. As the interview process unwound, Beattie acquitted himself well enough to make the final round, but couldn't take the final step.

Some around baseball compared Beattie's management style to that of the man he was vying to replace, Dan O'Brien. The Dartmouth-educated Beattie was known in his previous stops for his methodical decision-making, a trait that might not have meshed well in the long run with the more visceral Castellini.

Though Beattie didn't get the job, his report on the Reds' pitching woes proved helpful to Castellini, even if the CEO declined to get into its specifics.

"I learned a lot," Castellini said. "But I don't know whether I can answer that question and not be overly critical of our pitching staff (in the past)."

"I don't know whether I can answer that question and not be overly critical of our pitching staff (in the past)."

well, duh

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    "I don't know whether I can answer that question and not be overly critical of our pitching staff (in the past)."

well, duh
    How can you be overly critical of the pitching? I didn't think such a thing was possible.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    That part about Beattie being gone is interesting. If he is gone, what was he brought in for, unless it was to get a leg up on the GM job? And if that was why he was brought in, Krivisky getting the job over him is even more impressive.
    Supposedly to analyze the pitching situation. Regardless of what the article says, I can't believe such a daunting task could be accomplished in such a short timeframe. How many pitchers total are there in the Reds organization at all levels? At least 50?

I'd be more inclined to think he just up and quit when he wasn't hired for the GM position (perhaps HE is the one who thought this short-term task would give him a leg up).
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 02-09-2006 at 06:40 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

he couldn't possibly have completed that in 2-3 weeks.
    Sure he could have. It's not like he had to do a in-depth study. He just had to watch some film talk to some folks and look at the team ERA.

Crap is crap and it's always going to be crap even if it looks less like crap because it's winter.

Turn Off Ads?