Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

  1. #16
    Harry Chiti Fan registerthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    5,872

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    retard afterwards is speaking of the Reds as if they do not score runs. They "lean on the big boppers." "They sit back and hit home runs." Idiot, doesn't think the Reds score any runs!
    He obviously meant to dial the banana phone and mistakenly called the wrong number.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,489

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    Wow.

    Krivsky gave a decent interview, but that commentary by the Canadian guy was awful.

    The gist of it was that the Reds don't manufacture runs and don't score as many runs as the BRM.

    Then he went on to suggest that the Reds trade offensive players (that don't score enough runs) for two or three great young players.

    He called himself a numbers cruncher at one point.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  4. #18
    Mon chou Choo vaticanplum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7,166

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    retard afterwards is speaking of the Reds as if they do not score runs. They "lean on the big boppers." "They sit back and hit home runs."
    Good thing they brought in Womack to up the scrappy factor.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

  5. #19
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,227

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Wow.

    Krivsky gave a decent interview, but that commentary by the Canadian guy was awful.

    The gist of it was that the Reds don't manufacture runs and don't score as many runs as the BRM.

    Then he went on to suggest that the Reds trade offensive players (that don't score enough runs) for two or three great young players.

    He called himself a numbers cruncher at one point.
    So since the Reds don't match up one of the best offenses in the history of the game they don't have one?

    Ok.....

    Code:
    Since 2000 in the NL vs the league
    
    RUNS                          YEAR     DIFF   PLAYER   LEAGUE   
    T1   Braves                   2003      130      907      777   
    T1   Rockies                  2001      130      923      793   
    3    Rockies                  2000      119      968      849   
    4    Astros                   2000       86      938      852   
    T5   Cardinals                2003       84      876      792   
    T5   Giants                   2000       84      925      841   
    7    Rockies                  2003       77      853      776   
    8    Cardinals                2004       73      855      782   
    9    Diamondbacks             2002       69      819      750   
    10   Reds                     2005       64      820      756   
    
    
    
    Best against the league in team history 
    
    RUNS                          YEAR     DIFF   PLAYER   LEAGUE   
    1    Reds                     1976      178      857      679   
    2    Reds                     1975      147      840      693   
    3    Reds                     1965      138      825      687   
    4    Reds                     1969      102      798      696   
    5    Reds                     1968       93      690      597   
    6    Reds                     1956       83      775      692   
    7    Reds                     1974       75      776      701   
    8    Reds                     1903       74      764      690   
    9    Reds                     1972       73      707      634   
    10   Reds                     1905       68      736      668   
    11   Reds                     1977       67      802      735   
    12   Reds                     1918       65      538      473   
    13   Reds                     2005       64      820      756 
    
    Best all time in the NL
    
    RUNS                          YEAR     DIFF   PLAYER   LEAGUE   
    1    Pirates                  1902      193      775      582   
    2    Dodgers                  1953      189      955      766   
    3    Reds                     1976      178      857      679   
    4    Rockies                  1996      177      961      784   
    5    Rockies                  1997      149      923      774   
    6    Reds                     1975      147      840      693   
    7    Reds                     1965      138      825      687   
    8    Dodgers                  1955      136      857      721   
    9    Giants                   1905      135      780      645   
    10   Giants                   1924      133      857      724

  6. #20
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,489

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    Yeah, he said the main reason they don't score more runs is that they don't sacrifice themselves for the team, move runners, make contact. The 05 Reds team also struck out twice as much as the BRM.

    I swear it was BF.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  7. #21
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,227

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    The 05 Reds team also struck out twice as much as the BRM.
    Raw number mistake.

    vs the league average

    Code:
    STRIKEOUTS                    YEAR     DIFF   PLAYER   LEAGUE   
    1    Reds                     2003      297     1326     1029   
    2    Reds                     2004      296     1335     1039   
    3    Reds                     2005      292     1303     1011   
    4    Reds                     1974      180      940      760   
    5    Reds                     1975      178      916      738   
    6    Reds                     1983      175     1006      831   
    7    Reds                     1976      161      902      741   
    8    Reds                     1969      156     1042      886   
    9    Reds                     2002      150     1188     1038   
    10   Reds                     1979      147      902      755

  8. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    I can kind of see the point that the guy is trying to make. The REDS have some big boppers but last year there was some poor situational hitting. There were also a number of games last yaer where the REDS had huge innings when the game was already won bu couldn't get the offense going in a close game. The REDS do have a lot of all or nothing kind of batters. Home Runs are great for the fans and resume but sometimes just sacrificing and moving a guy over, taking a walk can do so much more the for the team winning. I can remember at least three games last year where the REDS had base loaded situations, no outs and didn't get any runs. Most of them are guilty of it.

  9. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    1,154

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    vaticanplum: I think you might have misspelled "crappy" in your last post?!?

  10. #24
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,489

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    I can kind of see the point that the guy is trying to make. The REDS have some big boppers but last year there was some poor situational hitting. There were also a number of games last yaer where the REDS had huge innings when the game was already won bu couldn't get the offense going in a close game. The REDS do have a lot of all or nothing kind of batters. Home Runs are great for the fans and resume but sometimes just sacrificing and moving a guy over, taking a walk can do so much more the for the team winning. I can remember at least three games last year where the REDS had base loaded situations, no outs and didn't get any runs. Most of them are guilty of it.
    Getting nothing out of bases loaded scenarios happens to every team.

    The Reds scored 820 runs last year. The most in the National League.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  11. #25
    Puffy 3:16 Puffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    13,770

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    There were also a number of games last yaer where the REDS had huge innings when the game was already won but couldn't get the offense going in a close game.
    With the Reds pitching the last couple of years no games were ever "won" before they were over. In other words, the Reds pitchers cause every run to be meaningful.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

  12. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Kettering
    Posts
    530

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    i kinda agree with the guys. its not how many you score over the course of an entire season, but when you score them. if you score 10 when you only need 4 to win, but score 3 when you need 6 to win. then you total runs scored doesnt mean much

  13. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    768

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    Anyone catch the name of the genius on after Krivsky?

  14. #28
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    9,321

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    I can kind of see the point that the guy is trying to make. The REDS have some big boppers but last year there was some poor situational hitting. There were also a number of games last yaer where the REDS had huge innings when the game was already won bu couldn't get the offense going in a close game. The REDS do have a lot of all or nothing kind of batters. Home Runs are great for the fans and resume but sometimes just sacrificing and moving a guy over, taking a walk can do so much more the for the team winning. I can remember at least three games last year where the REDS had base loaded situations, no outs and didn't get any runs. Most of them are guilty of it.
    2005 Cincinnati Reds Bases Loaded:

    .303 BA, .366 OBP, .539 SLG- .906 OPS

    151 Runs Scored

    The Reds were 2nd in the NL in OPS with the Bases Loaded and only the Phillies scored more Runs with the Bases Loaded than did the Reds- primarily because the Phillies ended up with 50 more Bases Loaded Plate Appearances than did the Reds.

    Believe it or not, the Cincinnati Reds were the best situational hitting team in the National League overall in 2005. There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with that offense.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  15. #29
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,489

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    2005 Cincinnati Reds Bases Loaded:

    .303 BA, .366 OBP, .539 SLG- .906 OPS

    151 Runs Scored

    The Reds were 2nd in the NL in OPS with the Bases Loaded and only the Phillies scored more Runs with the Bases Loaded than did the Reds- primarily because the Phillies ended up with 50 more Bases Loaded Plate Appearances than did the Reds.

    Believe it or not, the Cincinnati Reds were the best situational hitting team in the National League overall in 2005. There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with that offense.
    Not one single thing.

    This garbage we keep being fed by the media shows me nothing more than an overall dearth of pitching knowledge.

    They can't seem to figure out what actually makes a pitcher good, so they gloss over it by talking about "Manufacturing Runs" and how if they just would have scored that one run on Aug. 19, the Reds would somehow solve their pitching problems.

    Gimme a dadgum break...It's all nonsense.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  16. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,673

    Re: Krivsky Guest Today on "Staying Hot"

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Not one single thing.

    This garbage we keep being fed by the media shows me nothing more than an overall dearth of pitching knowledge.

    They can't seem to figure out what actually makes a pitcher good, so they gloss over it by talking about "Manufacturing Runs" and how if they just would have scored that one run on Aug. 19, the Reds would somehow solve their pitching problems.

    Gimme a dadgum break...It's all nonsense.
    They hit well, fielded like crap, that is what the media should be spouting. That is the square hole in the round peg treatment. Either the Reds buy a staff that can strike people out or break this team up for a better defending team while your rebuild.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25