Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Keeper Question?

Keeper Question?

I'm allowed two keepers for an 8-team league. I need to select two of these players:

Adam Dunn, David Wright and Jake Peavy

It's a 5x5 H2H league with one modification. We use OBP instead of AVG as an offensive category.

I'm leaning toward Dunn and Peavy but Wright has so much potential and plays a position that lacks quality depth.

Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Keeper Question?

I guess it would depend on what your 5 catergories are for offense. I'm not real familiar with 5x5 leagues, I'd venture to guess they are OBP, HR, RBI, SB, and R.

Last year Wright and Dunn had the same OBP and AVG, and their R were within 8 of each other. Dunn had 13 more HRs and Wright had 14 more SBs.

I'd personally keep Wright and Peavy because I think it's easier to find a OFer who will hit 30 HR and drive in 100+ than it is a 3B. Also, Wright is going to probably slide into the 5th spot in the Mets order and have Reyes, Beltran, Delgado, and maybe Floyd ahead of him. That's a ton of RBI opprotunities.

Tough choice though.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I'd say Dunn and Peavy.

Peavy's the must-keep in this scenario.

I just like Dunn more than Wright. David Wright has not really impressed me. With Dunn, you get multi-positional eligibility, and 40+ HR, 100+ RBI potential. I don't see David Wright ever doing that, even though quality at his position is more rare.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski
    I just like Dunn more than Wright. David Wright has not really impressed me. With Dunn, you get multi-positional eligibility, and 40+ HR, 100+ RBI potential. I don't see David Wright ever doing that, even though quality at his position is more rare.
    Well, Wright had 27 HRs and 102 RBIs last year, and it was his 1st full season in a ML uniform. He may never hit 40-45 HRs, but he'll knock in over a 100 runs yearly. The only significant bonuses I can see Dunn having over Wright in a 5x5 league is HRs and multiple posistions.

Wright will be comparable in OBP, RBIs, and runs scored. I guess it'll come down to what other 3B might be available in this keeper draft.

I still say Wright at 3B has more value than Dunn in the OF or at 1B. There are very few 3B who will compete with Wrights #s, there's a lot that will be on Dunns level.

OFs are much easier to find if you know where to look.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Thanks for all the input!

Turn Off Ads?