Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Which Reds Will *You* be Choosing in Your Roto Drafts?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Which Reds Will *You* be Choosing in Your Roto Drafts?

Personally....

I'd go for Adam Dunn in rounds 3-5 of a normal, 10 team 5x5 league. Love the power numbers and the runs scored...likely won't approach 20 steals again, and his BA could hurt.

I'll be looking for Felipe Lopez betw. rounds 6-10. Taking him earlier than the 8th round could be a gamble, as he's only been good one year, but it could be the start of many good years. He's a steal in round 10, imo.

I'd be more than happy to have JR between rounds 10-15. He bounced back nicely last year, plays in a hitter's park, and should be fully healed. Won't even advise you all of the injury risk.

I've always liked what Ryan Freel brings to the table in roto leagues. He'll steal a lot, score a lot, and give you a nice BA. Steals are a precious commodity these days. Plus, he has multi-positional eligibility, and will find his way into the lineup almost every night. A latter-round bargain.

Austin Kearns could be a late steal. If he isn't dealt, is fully healthy, and gets the regular PT it sure looks like he will get, this could be his breakout year.

Only starting pitcher that should even be considered at this point is Harang. If he is counted on to be anything more than your 5th/6th starter, your pitching is going to suffer. He could muster 12 wins, a 3.70 ERA, and a decent WHIP. Don't think he k's enough batters to be considered an asset in that category.

Todd Coffey will be a nice late-round gamble, as he has good stuff and is the probable favorite for saves in Cincy..however, it is my opinion that this is going to be a roto player's nightmare - a bullpen by committee.

Thoughts?
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Re: Which Reds Will *You* be Choosing in Your Roto Drafts?

Timo Perez
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

I tend to avoid them, so I don't overplay them

I am going to go with Milton. He sould help out my home run totals.

Dunn, as I have every year since 2002.

Also considering Kearns, but I think this is the year I avoid cursing him and allow him to put up big #'s.

Probably just Dunn to be honest then maybe add a Womack or whoever becomes our closer because guys wearing a wishbone "C" always seem to be involved in close/late games and get alot of save opportunities. I won't make the mistake of drafting ryan wagner again!

I would agree with TheBigLebowski, but I would add Sean Casey in the last round. Oh, wait. sorry, forgot - He's a Pirate.

Seriously, I could consider LaRue in a late round in a large league. I agree Dunn, FeLo, and maybe Harang late or Kearns in a steal late, but there are of OF with potential.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Freel for the SB? and AVG?

Thread Killer

I'll add in WMP as a late round sleeper....his average probably won't top .250, but he could realistically hit 35 HRs and drive in 100 with this supporting cast. Especially if Narron gets Dunn, Griffey and Kearns all above WMP consistently in the lineup. EE is also a possible last couple rounder in NL only leagues...3B is pretty weak again.

EE is a major sleeper from what I'm hearing. He scares me a bit, I think I'll wait and waiver wire pick up him if he starts hot.

Turn Off Ads?