Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Marty B., live on Monday

Hybrid View

Marty B., live on Monday

Hey all,

Marty will be a guest on my show here in Clemson this Monday (Feb. 13), at 9:06 a.m.

As usual, I'll try to record and post the audio here ASAP for those who want to recap it. But if you want to listen live, just go to www.wccpfm.com and click on Listen Live. You may be asked to download a plug-in, but it is safe/virus-free.

Also, the Braves pulled the ol' Caravan switch-a-roo on us last Wednesday, and instead of Frank Wren we got the other asst. GM, Dayton Moore.

His interview was pretty good, especially talking about how the Braves do sprinkle a little statistical analysis into their usual character/makeup/tools scouting philosophy.

He also said that despite the decreased payroll and uncertainty of the future because of the franchise's pending sale, the organization is still moving forward and - in relation to the World Baseball Classic - will be expanding their international scouting presence almost immediately.

If I can get that interview up, I'll post a link to it, too.

Cheers!!
    Dan Scott, Program Director
    Host of Cruise Control
    The Drive, 104.9 FM
    Clemson, SC
    www.danscottshow.com
    ------------------------------------------------
    I'm always serious. And stop calling me Shirley...

Re: Marty B., live on Monday

Thanks Dan. I'd love to hear that interview with Moore too if you can get it online.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Bump up, with the interview being tomorrow...
    Host of Cruise Control
    The Drive, 104.9 FM
    Clemson, SC
    www.danscottshow.com

It's working and they just started takling Reds
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

good stuff man. I listened for the entire interview. You are good at what you do.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Good interview, but the plugin crashed my Firefox browser. And hard. I can't even get it to pull back up. Grrrrrr.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Good interview, but the plugin crashed my Firefox browser. And hard. I can't even get it to pull back up. Grrrrrr.
    First time I've heard of that happening.

Anyway, I'll try to get the audio up for those that missed it later this afternoon or early this evening.
    Host of Cruise Control
    The Drive, 104.9 FM
    Clemson, SC
    www.danscottshow.com

That was fun. Nothing earth shattering, but he did say he truly expected things to turn around and said he thought it could even happen this year, but probably couple years. He based it all on the the proverbial pitching. He said it would be much better, but then added that it couldn't get much worse. It's a fun interview to listen to if we get the replay.
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Hey WriterDan - former resident of Greenville, SC on a temporary job assignment for two years...loved the Super Sports FM. Glad to hear about your bump to program director.

Never got into the whole Clemson thing though - but Purnell went there after UD and I liked Pete Yanity doing the PBP after Jim Phillips passed.

Glad to hear that things are still well on the northern banks of the Mighty Lake Hartwell.

Good work, Dan!
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Heath,

Thanks. Sorry it's taken so long to get the interview posted, but we had a bit of a computer snafu yesterday. Got it working now, so should have the link posted later this afternoon.
    Host of Cruise Control
    The Drive, 104.9 FM
    Clemson, SC
    www.danscottshow.com

Turn Off Ads?