Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds release Mark Schramek

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Reds release Mark Schramek

Newest print edition of Baseball America arrived in my mailbox today.

On the transactions page

Cincinnati Reds
    Released 3B Mark Schramek
    That 2002 draft is looking better and better every day.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds release Mark Schramek

wasn't Schramek drafted as a pitcher?

i remember watching Schramek in Dayton a couple times. i think both nights he and Correll were the only guys in the lineup with a an AVG above 240. not long after the second night i saw them, they got sent to Potomac.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

There still is Denorfia,Votto,Medlock and Perez!!!!!!!!

A relief. Schramek was relentlessly bad.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

The best pick 200K could buy.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve
    A relief. Schramek was relentlessly bad.
    That sums him up perfectly.

On a related issue, do Schramek and Kyle Edens form the demarcation line for where Johnny Almaraz lost his touch?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

do Schramek and Kyle Edens form the demarcation line for where Johnny Almaraz lost his touch?
    I don't know, but I do recall Almarez being quoted as saying Schramek was the best college hitter in his draft class.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

I'd like to know what the incoming people think of a guy like Medlock. The kid has performed, but he doesn't necessarily pass the tools test.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    I'd like to know what the incoming people think of a guy like Medlock. The kid has performed, but he doesn't necessarily pass the tools test.
    come to think of it, does Harang really pass the tools test? doesn't his tool set put him as a number 4 kind of guy?
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    come to think of it, does Harang really pass the tools test? doesn't his tool set put him as a number 4 kind of guy?
    I like his heater. It's deceptively fast and it's heavy.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

wasn't Schramek drafted as a pitcher?

i remember watching Schramek in Dayton a couple times. i think both nights he and Correll were the only guys in the lineup with a an AVG above 240. not long after the second night i saw them, they got sent to Potomac.
    Actually they got sent to Chattanooga, which was disastrous for both of them. After struggling at Chattanooga they were sent to Potomac.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 16-14
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    easy arm deliveries do that.

Here's what one tools guy said about Harang.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=10773

Bubba (Cincinnati, OH): Do the Reds have any potential in their starting rotation? LaRussa is high on Dave Williams (from the Casey trade) and Paul Wilson may come back to be as strong as he was in 2004. With the emergence of young arms like Harang and Claussen, do the Reds have a chance this year. We know their offense is good enough, but what about the pitching?

John Manuel: Bubba, I admire your optimism. So which of those pitchers would you want to start in a playoff series? If that's the top four, who's the ace? i don't see a No. 3, not to mention a No. 1. I guess Eric Milton gets No. 1 money but we realize how that turned out, and the Reds are the kind of team that can't afford massive mistakes like that one. I am not optimistic about the Reds near future, and the farm system is in the rebuilding stage as well. Sorry. Enjoy Chris Denorfia!
    Now, he's probably right Harang isn't an ace in the normal sense, but I would think he's shown he's at least a number 3.
    Last edited by rdiersin; 02-10-2006 at 05:02 PM.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    You are bang on.

But when we got him, everybody said his stuff was pretty average across the board.

It's a good reminder that pitchers (and their stuff) can improve, or seemingly improve,with better command.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig
    It's a good reminder that pitchers (and their stuff) can improve, or seemingly improve,with better command.
    Greg Maddux, Jaimie Moyer, and Chad Bradford know all about that.

Turn Off Ads?