Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds release Mark Schramek

Re: Reds release Mark Schramek

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    easy arm deliveries do that.
    The extra height helps too. Gets it on top of you just a little bit quicker.

IMO, what really put him over the top was getting in shape so that he can hold his velocity later into the game.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    IMO, what really put him over the top was getting in shape so that he can hold his velocity later into the game.
    not only that, but in 04, the drop in his numbers came after about 120 innings...in 05 it came at abou 170 innings. if he keeps up with his conditioning this offseason, he might not see a dead arm period, and keep his season K/9 above 7.3.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin

Now, he's probably right Harang isn't an ace in the normal sense, but I would think he's shown he's at least a number 3.
    A starter these days who gives you 200 plus innings with an ERA under 4 is much more than a #3 guy. I doubt that you would find 50 starters in the majors who matched Harangs pitching last year. And that makes him a #2 guy.

fine arm. I advocated pitching from the get-go.

of course, I'd have pitched anyone with an arm, and I'd pitch lefthanders even if they one-hop the plate. Out of Schramek , Miguel Perez, Paul Janisch, Craig Tatum, etc., maybe you'd have gotten a pitcher.

Which would, of course, give us our first pitcher.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

I wish we could have seen if the Reds could pull off a conversion themselves. Oh, well, there's always Paul Janish in a couple years.

Turn Off Ads?