Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Things people do that annoy the crap out of you

Re: Things people do that annoy the crap out of you

This one's just freakin' gross. If you poop in a public bathroom, flush the toilet! I have no interest in looking at your poop when I get there. Or how about when you're washing your hands in the bathroom, and someone walks right past you w/o out washing theirs. GROSS!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Two more for me :

1) when you have just emptied the kitchentrash can and then someone puts something in ther so large it occupies 95% of the garbage can capacity, thereby ensuring that the very next thing you toss in there you will be cause for another trip to the garage. Just put that large box or whatever right into the garage garbage in the first place so we save our garbage bags for the smaller stuff.

2) Following up on Dom's last few : when basketball announcers report, seemingly trying to make some sort of impressive point, something like "....and Dominique WIlkins scored 20 of his 39 points in the SECOND HALF!!!!" That's an evenly spread distribution of his points over the 2 halves, so unless you are trying to make a case for how uniformly 'Nique spreads his scoring over the entire game (which I doubt you were trying to do), you could just not get all excited about that. I hear it more around the magnitudes of "... and Calbert Cheaney had 8 of his team leading 15 points in the 1st half to get Indiana off to a fast start..." It's just a little thing, but, in fitting with the spirit of this thread, nonetheless annoys the crap out of me.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan
    1) when you have just emptied the kitchentrash can and then someone puts something in ther so large it occupies 95% of the garbage can capacity, thereby ensuring that the very next thing you toss in there you will be cause for another trip to the garage. Just put that large box or whatever right into the garage garbage in the first place so we save our garbage bags for the smaller stuff.

That happens every day here. I don't have any idea where my wife gets all these boxes!
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Maybe you guys could covertly switch a couple chores with the wife... like, she could begin taking the trash out and you could empty the dishwasher.

I'd be willing to bet that the "late" trash would all but disappear.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Where do I start?

Slow people in the left lane.

People who pass on the right. If I'm in the middle lane and you're coming up behind me, how hard is it to use the left lane instead of the right to go around me. Why does this bother me so much?

Decorative pillows. What purpose do they actually serve?

Political correctness

Being dishonest to avoid hurting someone's feelings. Sometimes this is ok, but sometimes someone has to be told the truth. It might weed out some of those awful people who audition for American Idol because they were told they were good by the folks at church who were just trying to avoid hurting their feelings.

When a significant female gives her significant male the cold shoulder without telling him specifically what wrong it was that he committed because he should be able to "figure it out." Men don't like to figure things out, at least not emotional things. We like clearly defined rules that cannot be interpreted in different ways.

Pitchers who can't throw strikes.

And the number one most annoying person. Anyone who goes on and on about Adam Dunn and strikeouts.

people that post links to articles, but don't post the article. that drives me insane.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    people that post links to articles, but don't post the article. that drives me insane.
    Guilty

What? You can't click???
    Go Gators!

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Using "then" and "than" in the wrong places. I'm not the greatest with the grammar I'm sure, but that bugs the heck outta me for some reason. I'm sure people get annoyed with my misuse of too and to half the time.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Yes. Memo to all Redszoners (and tell your friends): The lefthand lane IS FOR PASSING. Stay right until you need to go around someone. Thank you.
    Ok, it's bad in Ohio and in KY, but it was worse in Texas. Miles and miles, and everyone in the left hand lane, and no passing on the right.... (I did it anyway)
    Last edited by RedsFan75; 02-20-2006 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    People living in town who let their dogs roam, or who aren't vigilent enough to keep them on their property. As a runner, and a father of 2 young boys who likes taking them for walks, this presents a problem and a hazard. I feel the police should always have an animal control guy on duty, and dogs running loose should be darted and put to sleep. No questions asked.

And liberals who think all conservatives are stupid. And conservatives who think all liberals are idiots.
    To Tag onto this one. I live in the country in SE KY, and we have dogs abandoned in our neighborhood frequently. Cute Border Collie dropped in my driveway couple weeks ago. I already have a Lab, now I know my lot is big and I've got room, but come on, my nieghbor had a beagle dropped on him, guy down the road had a Shephard and a poodle type abandoned.... This is worse than letting them roam free.
    Last edited by RedsFan75; 02-20-2006 at 03:46 PM.

People who narrate their actions They could be telling you where they're going as they walk and talk on their cell phone, or in the cubicle next to you at work ("Oh jeez, I have to go get some more paper clips" or "Dag, I've gotta scratch this itch!"). Are they just thinking aloud, which would put them in the category of those who shouldn't read too much so as not to wear out their lips, or do they really think I care about their personal scratching schedule?
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

My kids do this stuff:

Toilet paper...they'll leave like three squares so they don't have to put a new roll on.

In the fridge...they'll leave like two sips in a beverage pitcher so they don't have to refill it.

For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    I reserve every last bit of my annoyed wrath for the grocery store....And much to my dismay I HAVE TO EAT AND I HAVE TO BUY FOOD. There is no way around it. Oh my God I hate the grocery store so much.
    Peapod! http://www.peapod.com

For the loud people on their cell phone in a public place...I stand really close to them and just start cursing REALLY loudly. Then they have to interrupt their conversation to explain what's going on. I'm talking in a public place just like them...just because I don't have my cell phone doesn't mean I can't talk.

The way people drive in Washington, DC, I think the right lane is for passing and the left lane is the slow lane. Also, I think turn signals were outlawed in 1990.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Queen Christine

People that are rude,
    People that don't understand what they are complaining about
    people that don't tip 20% HAPPY HOUR DOES NOT MEAN HALF THE TIP!
    People that are incosiderate
    take for example, I work in the service industry, tonight I was working, scheduled to close, we were busy... an hour ticket times, got yelled at, with every table for things taking to long... somewhat understandable.. one of the girls i work with got so stressed out she had a seizure and when she started seizing she smacked her face on a desk and broke her nose and cut her lip. Her tables were so not understanding and demanded that everything be free because their waters were empty for like 2 minutes as the EMT's were working on her, and after we explained the situation, and they wheeled her out on a stretcher, they still were rude. HELLO?!?!... does that sound right to you? I pretty much hate the human race after working in the service industry. Sorry, I used this thread to vent. But give me a break people, everyone always wants something and there is only so much i can do. Plus, hasn't everyone seen the movie "Waiting" don't F with the people that handle your food. Rules to live by

Quote Originally Posted by DunnersGrl44
    Plus, hasn't everyone seen the movie "Waiting" don't F with the people that handle your food. Rules to live by
    you said a mouthful there...i go out to eat with my parents every saturday afternoon...we would NEVER even think about being rude to a waiter/waitress...and no matter what the reason may be, NEVER send your food back...either eat it like it is, or not at all...

Turn Off Ads?