Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things people do that annoy the crap out of you

Things people do that annoy the crap out of you

Here are a few of my pet peeves:

1. People who stay in the fast lane on the interstate when nobody else is around. Even when you come up behind them, they're oblivious to the fact that THEY'RE IN THE WRONG LANE! MOVE OVER!

2. People who don't use their turn signals. GRRR!

3. Know-it-alls. My mother in law is one (at least she thinks she knows it all). Funny thing is, people who are know-it-alls usually don't realize that they look like know-nothings because they try to come across as knowing it all. Does that even make sense?

4. Bad breath. OMG! Is there anything worse?

5. Fingernails...the kind that are bitten so often that there's hardly anthing left to chew on. Gross. Also, men with long fingernails...even if they're clean, it's still gross.

6. Guys who talk with a lisp (on purpose) and/or affeminate sounding guys. Stop it!

7. Smokers. You all stink. You think you don't but we smell you.

8. The idiots that crank their rap music so loud that the whole city can hear it. Are you guys hard of hearing? Why do you do that? Not cool.

9. Guys who play rec league sports and think that they're an all-star playing the the 7th game of the World Series. Your glory days are long gone pal. IT'S A REC LEAGUE...chill out.

10. Nasty teeth. Nothing turns me off more than a person with messed up chicklets.

11. Commercials (TV or radio) can't stand 'em. I don't watch/listen to 'em either.

12. Political Correctness. Enough already! Everybody's WAY too sensitive.

13. When people call you on the phone and want you to guess who it is. I HATE THAT! Just tell me up front and get on with it!

14. People that take up two parking places in the parking lot. EXCUUUSE ME! Sometimes if I can squeeze in next to them, I will...even if I have to get out of my car through the passenger door. Jerks.

15. People who throw cigarette butts out the window like the world is their freakin' ash tray.

16. People who never take blame for stuff that's their own fault (this includes MOST people). It's always someone else's fault...there's ALWAYS an excuse.

17. Redszoners who don't give me positive feedback for stellar posts.

Keep 'em comin'. I know you guys have more...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Things people do that annoy the crap out of you

People who slip laxatives into my Coca-Cola
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

people who compalin about stuff
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

1. iTunes when they make you buy a whole album for one song. I tried to buy "Rock me" by Great White and they wanted me to buy the whole album for one song. I picked up the entire CD for .75 on Half.com.

2. People who correct me when I use the word album. Some smart butt always says, "They don't make albums anymore just CDs." Well since album doesn't refer to vinyl and merely describes the collection of songs regardless of the format, I should have the right to slap these people silly.

3. People who say irregardless.

4. People who tell me I've been "forewarned." Thank goodness I don't take everyone literally, otherwise I'd be waiting for the second warning. A forewarning is the warning before the warning I guess. It may or may not be a word, but just tell me I've been warned. I don't need the false expectation of another warning. It stresses me out.

5. Checkout people who open up a new line and proceed to help the customers who are last in all the other lines first.

6. Girlfriends who get mad only when I am talking to pretty girls and nobody else. I shouldn't have to filter everyone I talk to based on how good or bad somebody looks.

7. People who talk to foreign language speakers like they are deaf. Saying it louder doesn't substitute for a translator.

8. Music artists or movie stars who refer to themselves in the third person or as "we." Garth Brooks sounds like one of the most egotistical people when he does this. Jamie Foxx, too. It is probably great to be driven around in a limo and eat filet mignon everyday, but go ahead and use the correct pronoun there, boys, like everybody else.

9. Sportscaters who go on and on about an athlete's personal sacrifice. Michael Jordan was the perfect example of this. Thie guy was a gifted basketball player, he worked hard, but I'm sorry he hasn't sacrificed anything compared to what most people have. Sacrificing is when you give up something really good for a lesser predicament, not practicing basketball so you can sleep with different women every night of the week and having your house featured on Cribs.

10. Prizes awarded to profesional athletes. Hines Ward needs an Escalade like I need a third ear. They should donate it to charity in his name.

11. Sportscasters who sell athletes just because their network has the game that night. ESPN is the worst at this. I sat there and listened to Paul McGuire go on and on about how awesome Fred Taylor is for two hours, and you know, I just wanted to tell him two things. One, Taylor was running against a defense that would make Larry Csonka- if he came out of retirement right now- a 1000 yard rusher and two, if he likes him so much he should draft Taylor for his fantasy team and start counting the losses right now. Anyone on here who has ever had Fred Taylor on their fantasy team knows what I'm talking about, right?

12. Complicated Grammar- I read an article the other day and there was a sentence that was probably 70 words long, including the text in parentheses and in between dash marks, and I'll bet it was 100% correct. But I had no idea what the heck the writer was saying.

13. Networks who show Law and Order back to back to back to back. I've watched so many episodes that I can tell you which actors have appeared in multiple episodes as a prosecutor or a crook or a judge or a door man....it's time to stop with the Law and Order thing. We get it, they made a lot of shows and you have the rights...show it once a night and leave it be.

14. The way that E! True Hollywood Story show is put together drives me nuts. It's like a low budget Behind the Music. They never use any video, just stills, and that guy's voice is creepy....

Watching a show about Full House should not be worse than Full House.

Does that include people who complain about people who complain?

theredsfan

People who cut you off in traffic only to turn at the next street.

[QUOTE=max venable]

9. Guys who play rec league sports and think that they're an all-star playing the the 7th game of the World Series. Your glory days are long gone pal. IT'S A REC LEAGUE...chill out.

QUOTE]

I agree with this one. The last Rec softball I played in there was a guy who wrapped his shoulder, both knees and ankles before a game. Come on if you have to go to that much trouble maybe you shouldn't be playing!

People who carry on loud cell phone conversations in public annoy me too.
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

Commercials (TV or radio) can't stand 'em. I don't watch/listen to 'em either.
    I rarely watch anything live anymore. I just use the DVR and zoom through the commercials. I watched American Idol the other night in 40 minutes.

people who cough or sneeze without covering their mouths..
    people who blow their noses at the dinner table...
    people who don't wash their hands after leaving the washroom...
    people who lick their fingers when they're cooking...
    people who double dip...
    cheap tippers...

People who disobey traffic laws, including running stop signs, failing to use their turn signals, and ignoring "Wrong Way" signs in parking lots.

People who crowd up to the door when the elevator arrives, effectively pinning anyone on the elevator trying to get off. Pause for a second or two and make sure no one is getting off the elevator before you push your way on.

30-year-old jackasses on the softball diamond who insist on "breaking up the play" at second base like I'm Ozzie Smith and they're Jeffrey Leonard. Don't slide into my knees and grab me to prevent me from making the throw to first. I don't get paid to play this game -- we're all playing for fun.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

The AP style book. Or I guess having to write in AP style when you're not any good at it. Anyone who's taken a reporting class knows what I'm talking about. It's miserable when you're trying to learn it.

When you have to take a dump in a public restroom and a guy comes into the stall next to you and starts sounding like he'll blast the porcelain right off of the toilet if he farts any louder

Cruisin' for trouble

- People who don't think the rules apply to them.
    - People who value their pets more than their neighbors well-being.
    - People who exhibit no common courtesy.
    - People who yell at their kids in public places.
    - People who bring babies to movies obviously out of their range of understanding.
    - Co-workers who pretend not to know the answers just so you'll do their work for them.
    - Ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable

1. People who stay in the fast lane on the interstate when nobody else is around. Even when you come up behind them, they're oblivious to the fact that THEY'RE IN THE WRONG LANE! MOVE OVER!

Yep. Someday I'm gonna get a remote controlled helicopter and put a loudspeaker on it and mount it on my roof rack. Then I'm gonna come up behind one of these morons, fly the helicopter up beside them, and scream through the loudspeaker "Get out of my way, fool!!!!"

Then I'll have it drop a few paintball bombs on their hood for good measure.

That'll show 'em.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?