Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Things people do that annoy the crap out of you

Re: Things people do that annoy the crap out of you

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    I applaud the folks who ride the line and don't let them go past.
    That would be me. I will probably be shot some day.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

State "keep right" laws http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Looks like Ohio has changed its law. This was told to me by a police officer about three years after I moved from NY.

Or.... I guess he could have been lying.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 02-11-2006 at 09:34 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    And it reminded me of another one...people who piss on toilet seats in public restrooms!
    Not that I've ever done it myself, but I once saw where someone took a dump on a toilet seat at McDonalds. I'm not sure if it was a comment on the food, but it was definantly easier than filling out a comment card. Maybe I need , but yes, I found it funny as hell.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Here's my #1 pet peeve these days, don't know if anyone can relate or not. Have to ride the bus onto campus because there's no parking unless you're a freaking millionaire. On the bus in the morning it's always nice and quiet, a good time to read the paper, or catch up on whatever I was supposed to read.

Only I can't because there is always one girl on the quiet bus talking on her cell phone LOUD AS HELL. It's always the same conversation, different girls, but same conversation.
    "And then we went to the mall, and we saw this guy, and he was like hey, and I was like hey, but later this girl said this, and I was, like, no way. But she didn't care, she's such a ****."
    That type of conversation. You can set your clock to it. Gives me a headache early in the day. I need an iPod. Someone here should send me one.
    Last edited by Gainesville Red; 02-11-2006 at 11:21 PM.

GR, if you don't have an iPod, just get some headphones with either a portable CD or a radio.

I too find that annoying. I see/hear it everywhere. People have no manners, and obviously don't care that strangers can hear everything about their personal lives (whether they want to or not). So rude.

1) racism. of course, working with three totally, blatant racists does not help this. which leads to...
    2) racists who claim not to be racists. yeah, sorry bud, but the consistent use of certain words and views towards certain people do make you a racist. this also leads me to:
    3) people who think you will think exactly as they do, because you are also a white guy living in the U.S.
    4) rotten fruit at the store. there is no excuse for this.
    5) all caps. hint: all caps makes you look dumber, not smarter.
    6) users whose soul purpose in life is to get banned from a website. do us a favor: PM the admin, we'll be happy to do it from the start.
    7) Reds pitching.
    8) people who will smile in your face, but try to thrust the knife between your shoulder blades when you turn their back on them.
    9) "reality" T.V.
    10) emergency broadcasting system tests. surely with today's technology, we can test this without interrupting all program, on every station. i seem to recall on the morning of 9/11, our stations had a test...talk about remarkably bad timing.

- people intolerant of other people's personal tastes (music, clothes, etc). Even on the internet, it drives me crazy when someone posts a "favorites" topic, only to see another poster slam someone else's choices, even though the 1st poster was not being inflammatory whatsoever.

- people who seem to think everyone should think/live/act like they do.

- the know-it-all types previously mentioned in this thread.

- people who live in a certain region with a well-established climate documented for at least several decades, yet they complain endlessly when the expected cold/hot/snow/rain/you-name-it seasons hit. MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE THEN AND SHUT UP! (sorry forthe rule #5 violation Mr C )
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Ewww, you know what I also don't like? Mean dogs. I like when dogs are freindly, and seem happy to see you. Not when they're growling.
    I guess you could say you get a dog for security at the house, and that's valid. We've always had Golden Retrievers, if you are a stranger, all you'd have to do to distract the dog is pull up to the house, and open the car door and they'll jump in to go for a ride. So they were never the best guard dogs.

I reserve every last bit of my annoyed wrath for the grocery store. The world generally treats me very well and then every time I want to go to the grocery store the 5 most annoying percent of the world's population converges and descends on the grocery store at the same time. People who won't move so you can get around them. People who stand on top of you in the checkout line. People who are mean to the cashiers. People who will hold up a line for 20 minutes for the sake of a 35-cent coupon with a faulty bar code. And people who get annoyed at other people. So that includes me, I cannot even stand myself in the grocery store. I absolutely cannot take it, I want to kill them all. If every grain of sand on every beach on the planet were a grain of hate it would not be a tenth as much as I hate the grocery store. And much to my dismay I HAVE TO EAT AND I HAVE TO BUY FOOD. There is no way around it. Oh my God I hate the grocery store so much.

edit: I also hate it when people who cannot board the subway properly. You have to let people get out before you can get on. It's the rule and it doesn't work any other way and you mess up the whole city if you try to run the people over instead of just letting them get off the subway peacefully and efficiently. But I would take a million of these people over a single trip to the grocery store.
    Last edited by vaticanplum; 02-12-2006 at 01:29 AM.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

People living in town who let their dogs roam, or who aren't vigilent enough to keep them on their property. As a runner, and a father of 2 young boys who likes taking them for walks, this presents a problem and a hazard. I feel the police should always have an animal control guy on duty, and dogs running loose should be darted and put to sleep. No questions asked.

And liberals who think all conservatives are stupid. And conservatives who think all liberals are idiots.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

People that breathe.

I am feeling a bit crotchety today.

GL

People who do touch the monkey

Future Reds All Star

People who always have the strong need to try and prove someone wrong to make themself look good! Half the time they just look needy for attention. I have had a few friends like this over the years...drives me nuts!!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I remembered a few more more. Hope this makes sense.

I cannot stand it when sports announcers bring up meaningless stats.

A few examples:

During the Olympics, some announcers will try and exaggerate the length of time it has been since a country won a medal in a particular event.

"It's been 8 years since Finland won a gold in blah blah blah..."

Well, gee, since the Olympics are only held every four years, you're telling me they only missed winning it one time when they had a chance. Oh boy, how unbelievable is that.

Baseball broadcasters do the same thing. "This is the first time he's homered since September of last year." Well, since they don't play baseball from October through March, that's really not a big deal to me. It's not like he was playing 160 games during the winter. Drives me crazy.

Or how about this one: "The Cowboys have won 9 of the last 10 meetings against the Giants..."

If the teams are division rivals, this means it goes back 5 years, which, if you compared rosters, how different would the teams be? The outcome of a game 5 years ago has nothing to do with the current contest, especially when you are dealing with entirely different players. Announcers act like it is the uniform and helmets that make the difference.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 02-17-2006 at 12:07 PM.

Turn Off Ads?