Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Things people do that annoy the crap out of you

Re: Things people do that annoy the crap out of you

speaking of restaurants...i hate it when the waitress doesn't bring you a new glass on a refill...don't take my glass and bring the same one back to me...especially, if you've taken everyone else's glass from the table...i might be friends with the people at my table, but that doesn't mean i want to be drinking after them...i always mark my straw whenever we go out to eat, just in case they don't bring fresh glasses...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

i always mark my straw
    RIC, after reading some of the things you've shared on here, I can honestly say I would pay to watch you for a day. I'd make sure we went to the grocery store and out to eat with a big group of people.

I thought of you the other day when our local news station had a feature on just how filthy grocery cart handles are. They pointed to a study that showed there were more germs on the handles than on toilets or anything else.

I am going to start bringing wipes with me to Publix.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 03-04-2006 at 09:49 AM.

dom, if we were to meet, please don't ask to shake my hands nothing against you of course...just my whackiness

the local supermarkets here offer free anti bacterial wipes for your cart...i always use them...on top of that, a bounty towel always comes in handy, just in case...

people at work think i'm completely crazy...i just can't help it...as bad as i am, my father is even worse...unfortunately, as each year passes, i get even worse...

the only time i "lighten up", is when i'm drinking...otherwise, i could never handle going to vegas every year...between touching all those cards and slot machines...enough to push me over the edge...first thing i reach for after checking in, is a nice bloody mary, quickly followed by several other adult beverages

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago
    dom, if we were to meet, please don't ask to shake my hands nothing against you of course...just my whackiness

the local supermarkets here offer free anti bacterial wipes for your cart...i always use them...on top of that, a bounty towel always comes in handy, just in case...

people at work think i'm completely crazy...i just can't help it...as bad as i am, my father is even worse...unfortunately, as each year passes, i get even worse...

the only time i "lighten up", is when i'm drinking...otherwise, i could never handle going to vegas every year...between touching all those cards and slot machines...enough to push me over the edge...first thing i reach for after checking in, is a nice bloody mary, quickly followed by several other adult beverages
    All that stuff usually doesn't bother me too much...except for when I eat a restaurants with salad bars and/or buffets. I always think about how many people have been touching the utensils and where their hands may have been prior to doing so.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

People that walk down the middle of the lane in parking lots. Get the hell over to one side because the middle belongs to me and my vehicle. I WILL stop in front of you and force you to walk around or put my bumper inches from your butt as you walk.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago
    vegas every year...first thing i reach for after checking in, is a nice bloody mary, quickly followed by several other adult beverages
    Oh oh I want to go to Vegas with RiC.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer
    People that walk down the middle of the lane in parking lots. Get the hell over to one side because the middle belongs to me and my vehicle. I WILL stop in front of you and force you to walk around or put my bumper inches from your butt as you walk.
    You made me think of one. How 'bout in parking lots where the parking is angled and the rows are designed for one-way traffic. Well...I HATE it when cars go against the grain. Screws things up. The cars going the correct way have to try to figure out how to get over to make enough room for both to squeeze through. C'mon people! Pay attention!
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    State "keep right" laws http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
    I love how North Carolina's law says "Keep right if below speed limit." Is it really possible to drive the speed limit, exactly? No, it's not.

In other words, those OBEYING the law should stay to the right.

Those BREAKING the law get in the middle.

Those PASSING THOSE WHO ARE BREAKING THE LAW get to the left.

I'm not saying this to be a goodie-goodie, as I typically go 5-10 mph over the speed limit on highways. But I think it's interesting that speeding laws are so arbitrary.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    This thread reminds me of this song and I'm proud of it.

http://www.devilducky.com/media/38718/
    This link crashed my browser. All of my IE windows closed.

Here, I got one. Things that annoy you... when someone posts a link that crashes my browser window.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    edit: I also hate it when people who cannot board the subway properly. You have to let people get out before you can get on.
    Agreed. It's worse in Boston than New York City. I'm not sure how it is in Chicago.

A few people just don't know the etiquette, and think it's enter on the right, exit on the right (simulaneously). But you also see people who are obviously long-time Bostonians who don't care about the etiquette and just pop in while people are getting out.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    people that post links to articles, but don't post the article. that drives me insane.
    You mean those who actually obey the copyright laws...
    Stick to your guns.

People who constantly complain about their work. Um, go back to school, send out your resume, and shut up. Lord, life's too short. A bad day at work is one thing, but if every day is something to b**** about, it's time to hit the job search.

This goes along with the first: people who act like they have a cross to bear that no one else could possibly understand. Dude, trust me, there are probably 6 billion people who have it worse than you on a daily basis.

I'll echo MrCinatat: people who think it's okay to use racist or sexist language around me because I'm an American white male. I'll joke about Cleveland steamers and rusty trombones with the best of the guys, but when it comes to the other stuff: it's not funny. Really.

People who think they know how to be great political climbers, but who are actually bowers and scrapers.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    You mean those who actually obey the copyright laws...
    So I'm not a pirate in this case
    Go Gators!

This link crashed my browser. All of my IE windows closed.

Here, I got one. Things that annoy you... when someone posts a link that crashes my browser window.
    Thats strange.

I've got a live PGA leaderboard running, streaming the audio for the Reds game, three seperate web pages opened and the link worked fine for me when I tried it just now.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Agreed. It's worse in Boston than New York City. I'm not sure how it is in Chicago.
    It's horrendous in Chicago. Because people believe themselves to have the "nice" label, they just end up passive aggressive about the whole thing, barrelling through when they think no one notices but becoming slithery when they know people are looking. It's a disaster. Seattleites were passive aggressive when I lived there too, but the difference is that they are ACTUALLY laid-back whereas Chicagoans just pretend to be when inside they are seething.

New Yorkers have it down to a science. There is a deep understanding of the rules of boarding public transporation and a connection between all of them and if somebody steps out of line and messes with the system they get harrassed, so everybody wins and the transportation system is very efficient. I've only been on Boston public transit once, but it can't be as bad as Chicago.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?