Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Toronto Bluejays Designated pitcher Brian Tallet for assignment

Toronto Bluejays Designated pitcher Brian Tallet for assignment

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/transactions
    Toronto Bluejays Designated pitcher Brian Tallet for assignment.
    He is listed as a left hander. Does anyone know if he would be worth adding to the 40 man roster? Does anyone have any info on him?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Toronto Bluejays Designated pitcher Brian Tallet for assignment

Tallet so far has been the 40th man on Cleveland's roster and now Toronto's as he has been dfa'd twice in 2006, each time losing his spot to a signing, this time Molina. There was a thread about him the first time. Tall lefty, 2 years removed from TJ surgery. Pitched well until being demoted after a short stint in Cleveland. 28 years old I believe. Does not throw hard, future is as a lefty from pen or a 4 or 5 starter. I like him better than Rick White.

Thanks for the information Bill.

Reds and 26.2's

As Reds fans, this is what we are sadly reduced to..

Scanning transaction lists for a scrap of a player that might have one year left...someone our team can snatch up for nothing...because no one else wants him. A relief pitcher who might be better than what the Reds already have..a starter who might win 8 or 10 games..

We all do it..guess that's what comes from years of being a diehard Red's fan.

Another owner....another hope that things change...

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingPig
    As Reds fans, this is what we are sadly reduced to..

Scanning transaction lists for a scrap of a player that might have one year left...someone our team can snatch up for nothing...because no one else wants him. A relief pitcher who might be better than what the Reds already have..a starter who might win 8 or 10 games..

We all do it..guess that's what comes from years of being a diehard Red's fan.

Another owner....another hope that things change...
    I don't really see it as sad. I would hope that even if the Reds were the reigning World Series Champs, someone in the front office would be scanning the waiver wires for talent. Major league quality baseball players are in limited supply and you never know whe you might find a diamond in the rough. I like Bill's observation. He's been on the 40-man roster for a couple of teams and has been D'edFA a few times. I actually saw him pitch a few years ago at Akron (before TJ surgery?) and he had some skills. I'm not an expert, just a "simple country baseball fan", but he was definitely outclassing the talent at the AA level by a long shot, at least in the 2 games I saw him pitch.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Turn Off Ads?