Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It has happened

Re: It has happened

At work, all the associates had to get new pics taken for their new scan-in security system. When they came around the other day and were handing them out I took one last looked at my old badge (pic was 10 yrs old) and compared it to the new one.

Everyone was asking me why I was crying. I just never realized how grey I have gotten (especially in my beard) till I did the comparison. But then, my eyesight is also going bad on me too.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've been shaving my hair for a couple years now. Just because I like it. I cut my head last month and couldn't shave for almost 2 weeks. I hated it, but I was glad to see I still have a full head of dark hair. No gray! I am 45, and my dad didn't start to go gray till about this age, and my mom never really did.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

very little gray, but my hairline is receding badly for a 25 year old. I shave it with the clippers without the guard on, I have never totally shaved it though. It's the butt of jokes by my g/f on many occasions. I don't care for it, but what can you do. I'll shave it bald before I comb it over or get a hair piece.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Well, on the positive side, I still have hair. My dad was gray/white in his 40's.
    I'm in my early 40's and my hair is half gray and I am not balding. My dad's hair was all white by his late 20's, I don't remember him having anything but all white hair.

My Dad's hair turned completely white around 65 - my Mom's turned in her late 70's (but she kept dying it blonde). My second oldest sister turned completely gray around 45. I'm pretty much salt and pepper - but more pepper. Right now my roots (both gray and dark brown) are showing :.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Eight years of John Allen running the show is enough to turn any Reds' fans hair gray.. Blame it on Allen
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Eight years of John Allen running the show is enough to turn any Reds' fans hair gray.. Blame it on Allen
    I never gave that much thought but my receding hairline does pretty much coincide with these last 4 or 5 years of horrid baseball. I wonder if RCast could find it in his heart to make up for it with some opening day tickets?

Turn Off Ads?