Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Hatteberg signed

Re: Hatteberg signed

How about this scenario:

The Reds are still negotiating with Dunn on a contract. He has stated that he prefers to play the OF. Maybe that's one of the hangups to signing him long term. The Reds bring in Hatteberg to play 1B, and tell Adam he will move back to the OF for the duration of his new contract. Hatteberg is signed to 1 year because he's the only 1B option worth a crap out there right now. That gives the Reds 1 year to find a long term replacement. Maybe the LA deal with Milton and WMP for Choi and Perez is actually being discussed with Choi being one option for Krivsky long term?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Doesn't really matter. This team badly needs an upgrade in CF. Trading WMP and moving Dunn back to LF really doesn't solve anything.
    Unless you get some pitching in return.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

sigh. Chip, how quickly you forget.

FeLo's numbers dwarfed RA's out of ST. He out hit, out defended, flat out played RA.

Who was the starting SS on opening day again?

I think both Kearns and Pena left enough questions in the minds of the Reds FO that SH could force one of them to the bench. I'm not saying it will happen, just that it has.

Randa was brought in when there was no need. Freel could have manned 3B until EE was ready. RA was brought in to BACKUP the SS position. He ended up starting.

I'm just saying AK and Pena better have a good ST this year.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Barring a trade, I think that WMP and AK have to play every day even if they have a horrible spring b/c if they do bomb in spring training then that's an even bigger reason why you've to give them every opportunity to pull it together, even if just to increase their trade value which, right now, is probably just about as low as it has ever been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    I'm just saying AK and Pena better have a good ST this year.
    If we come out of ST with Kearns and Pena on the bench and Hatteberg starting then the Reds are the dumbest team on the planet.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    If we come out of ST with Kearns and Pena on the bench and Hatteberg starting then the Reds are the dumbest team on the planet.
    But then you're just ignoring the fact that WK is banking on Kearns and said he talked to him yestreday and they both agree it's time for him to shine.

But then that would be too non grassy knoll for some ya'll.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    And your point is....?
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    But then you're just ignoring the fact that WK is banking on Kearns and said he talked to him yestreday and they both agree it's time for him to shine.

But he didn't speak to WMP did he? DID HE!.

heh. heh. grassy knoll.
    Suck it up cupcake.

I don't think it will happen

No team is that dumb

Right?
    Go Gators!

Go Gators!

I think everyone agrees it's time for him to shine. Whether he will and whether he's with the Reds all that long either way are the real questions.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

All dyslexics must untie!

Yet another WK quote

Wayne Krivsky, former Twins assistant general manager, was interested in Hatteberg even before he was hired as the Reds' general manager Wednesday.

"We wanted to add to our depth," Krivsky said. "This guy's a true professional, somebody I've had my eye on in the offseason here in the event I did get this job. The playing time will take care of itself."

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...s/13857700.htm
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by gm
    Thus Hatteberg is Krivsky's Machado?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    You sign a player like Hatteberg, hope he contributes and (in a perfect world) contributes enough to make him worth a prospect at the deadline.
    Speaking of that, who did the Reds get for Joe Randa last year? I'm drawing a blank.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Speaking of that, who did the Reds get for Joe Randa last year? I'm drawing a blank.
    Justin Germano and Travis Chick
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Turn Off Ads?