Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Bucks! The boys opened a big ol' can on the Illni

Go Bucks! The boys opened a big ol' can on the Illni

69 - 53 Buckeyes. Statement game. HUGE win!

Nice job, guys!

Thad's boys just seem to keep getting better as the season rolls along.

By the way, they just defeated 2 ranked teams in the same week (TTUN and Illinois).

They'll probably move ahead of Illinois in the rankings. Nice.

Go Bucks!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Go Bucks! The boys opened a big ol' can on the Illni

That 1st half and the first 5-7 minutes of the 2nd were some of the best basketball I have seen these Buckeyes play. Definitely a fun game to watch. Jamr is just maturing into such a quality, even-keel PG. He will be tough for anyone to beat out the next 2 years.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Awesome game to watch. I just worry that the Bucks will get into the tournament and hit a wall with the three point shooting. A team cannot be on every day and it seems like when the Bucks are way off they become just an average team unless Dials can step up.

I just hope Dials can keep in the games and the hot shooting continues.
    Last edited by Caseyfan21; 02-12-2006 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    Awesome game to watch. I just worry that the Bucks will get into the tournament and hit a wall with the three point shooting. A team cannot be on every day and it seems like when the Bucks are way off they become just an average team unless Dials can step off.

I just hope Dials can keep in the games and the hot shooting continues.
    Or...maybe they'll get even hotter from 3 pt. range! Let's be optimistic! I see no cause for worry. They just thumped a very good Illinois team.

Man, what a game!

Next hurdle? Michigan State IMO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

got alil captain in u?

butlers's three 3's to begin the second half was big good win big ten champs im tellin u

With Minny beating State yesterday and Penn State topping the Illini at Assembly Hall, as much as it sounds like coachspeak, the next game is the next hurdle.
    Last edited by bucksfan; 02-12-2006 at 11:33 PM.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan
    With Minny beating State yesterday and Penn State topping the Illini iat Assembly Hall, as much as is sounds like coachspeak, the next game is the next hurdle.
    Such is life in this year's Big 10.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Thad Matta is our Savior! :
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Just as I thought...OSU is ahead of Illinois in both polls now. #12 in each. Illinois is 13 in one and 14 in the other.

Go Bucks!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

And...espn.com currently has the Bucks projected as a 2 seed in this year's tourney. It's great to be a Buckeye!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

They will only be a 2 if they win out, but will still probably be a 3 and there is just about no difference between being a 2 or a 3.
    Ohio State could be a tough tourney team because they have several outside threats. If Dials can play consistent and stay out of foul trouble a final four run is certainly possible.

If the 3 point game is still working to this extent come March, there is no reason to believe that this can't be an Elite 8 or even Final Four team. If the threes aren't there, then they could be a one or two game out.

So let's pray that the three balls just keep raining in!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Yeah, even though we have leaned heavy on the 3's all year, there has not been a game we were out of at all. Granted you don't advance in the tourney by "not being out of it", but it shows that they don't completely fold up when the long ones aren't dropping.

With the # of threats and the growing confidence, it woul dbe hard to conceive of everyone getting cold for a game, but a team that can truly get after it on the perimeter without totally forsaking inside D would be our worst nightmare.

Thad just flat knows how to coach. He seems to have a knack for getting his teams to peak at just the right time.

And yes, while the Bucks have lived largely on the 3-point shot...the bottom line is that it's been there all year for them. Gotta believe that trend will continue in March.

Turn Off Ads?