Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sosa talking retirement...

"Some of the guys who pitched well for us last year aren't going to make the ballclub," Narron said.

Pete Rose, when asked by David Letterman who he likes in the MLB playoffs:

"You sound like you're betting on baseball."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sosa talking retirement...

Maybe I'm not keeping up with Sosa as much since he's in the AL, but how fast has his star fallen? It seems like almost yesterday when he was one of the most feared sluggers in baseball and beat in the brains of the Reds pitching staff on a regular basis. I suppose that's what happens when you stop taking the roids.

Oh cry me a river! What does he mean "beg for spot?" If he was confident enough that he could still play at a high level, he would have nothing to worry about. Humiliation? He's kidding, right. If he goes out and hits 40 HRs, why does it matter if he's only making $500k. the only humiliation Sammy could experience is if he continues down the path he's been heading for a few years now. Salary isn't a source of humiliation, only on-field performance is.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

got alil captain in u?

he needs to retire and go quietly in the nite until he's eligible for the hall of fame which his image is already tarnished with the corked bat incident

Nothing like playing the martyr. With the huge drop in body mass (but remember, he didn't use roids!), the corked bat incident and now this................Sammy is proving himself to be a whiney clown.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

Hey, hey, hey.....goodbye.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Do you want play or don't you Sammy? Take it or leave it.

Has baseball still been "berrry berry good" to ya Sammy?

Maybe he could traded for George Bell again...
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I'd take Bell.
    Go Gators!

I didn't read the article but Sosa seems kind of done to me. Better for his HOF chances if he just quits now.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

I love how the source says that Sosa has been good for baseball...like baseball would have never happened if he was not there to shoot up and hit the ball far!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

I think he'll play this season, if not at the beginning. Someone will have an injury and a need and will pony up the big bucks to bring sammy aboard. Some random team

to be honest if I'm the tribe in that hitters park I give him the chance to unseat casey blake.

Turn Off Ads?