Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Krivsky will be on XM at 8:30

Krivsky will be on XM at 8:30

Just announced, Wayne Krivsky will be on the morning show in about 20 minutes.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Krivsky will be on XM at 8:30

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Just announced, Wayne Krivsky will be on the morning show in about 20 minutes.
    thanks for the heads up, i'll go to the truck and get the receiver now.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

he's on.

how great is it to hear Marty calling a FeLo grand slam?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

-He's excited.
    -He's impressed with the Reds FO.
    -He's confident that the orgranization will be one that people want to work for.
    -Ownership has given him the leeway to do things the right way.
    -It all starts with scouting and player development.
    -We have to build from the bottom up, i.e. having excellent drafts.
    -TOO MANY STRIKOUTS IN THE LINEUP:thumbdown
    -The pitching is bad:
    -EdE needs to learn better strikezone management, needs to work on making the routine plays. He included a lot of positives about him and generally was up on him.
    -On Kearns, called him Sunday, Austin sees this as a big year to step and be that guy we all expected.
    -Scoring runs isn't the problem.
    -Might have to take away from the strength(offense) to improve the pitching. Will wait until Spring Training to evaluate the players.
    -Praising Mike Radcliff of the Twins. "as good as it gets."
    -The fan response has been tremendous since his hiring.
    -Cast wants to get the Reds back to elite status in MLB. It's going to take time, but they will get there. Cast wants to win yesterday, but knows it will take time.
    -Praising Gene Bennett and Wilma Mann, Chief Bender and others.
    -"I'm a guy that sometimes believes the old way is the best way. Not that we don't use computers and the new technology."
    -"I'm really happy with what we have done in the last 4 days."

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

There are too many strikeouts in the lineup. An individual player striking out a lot is not the same as a team that strikes out a lot.

-TOO MANY STRIKOUTS IN THE LINEUP :thumbdown
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    There are too many strikeouts in the lineup. An individual player striking out a lot is not the same as a team that strikes out a lot.
    tr, you know there's no correlation between team strikeout numbers and Runs Scored.

The fact that Krivsky doesn't know it is not a mark in his favor.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Here we go again.

I agree with traderumor. There are too many strikeouts in the lineup for my liking, combined with all the other outs that a lot of the same guys are making. I can live with the Dunn strikeouts, (still don't like them, and feel that he will eventually cut them down) but some of the Reds players don't need to be striking out as much as they are.
    Last edited by RANDY IN INDY; 02-13-2006 at 09:30 AM.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    tr, you know there's no correlation between team strikeout numbers and Runs Scored.

The fact that Krivsky doesn't know it is not a mark in his favor.
    No, but it does make you easy prey for good K pitchers. Over 162, maybe it translates to a handful of losses, but this team cannot afford a handful of losses.

I wasn't against moving Casey if the return was good young pitching. Last year's GIDP were IMO an aberration in his career, and I expect he'll rebound from that this year. But guys that get on base at a .380+ clip AND hit .320+ are a good balance for a team that has Dunn, Pena and LaRue. JMO.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    Here we go again.

I agree with traderumor. There are too many strikeouts in the lineup for my liking, combined with all the other outs that a lot of the same guys are making. I can live with the Dunn strikeouts, (still don't like them, and feel that he will eventually cut them down) but some of the Reds players don't need to be striking out as much as they are.
    Yeah, well...we've had this conversation before and I believe we sorta' figured out that strikeouts don't really matter so I guess I'm not exactly sure why the hiring of Wayne Krivsky changes that.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by TRF
    No, but it does make you easy prey for good K pitchers. Over 162, maybe it translates to a handful of losses, but this team cannot afford a handful of losses.

I wasn't against moving Casey if the return was good young pitching. Last year's GIDP were IMO an aberration in his career, and I expect he'll rebound from that this year. But guys that get on base at a .380+ clip AND hit .320+ are a good balance for a team that has Dunn, Pena and LaRue. JMO.
    You're regressing.

--Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Yeah, well...we've had this conversation before and I believe we sorta' figured out that strikeouts don't really matter so I guess I'm not exactly sure why the hiring of Wayne Krivsky changes that.
    Krivsky hasn't changed my view on the strikeout issue, any more than he has changed yours. I think we should just leave it at that.

How ya been, Steel? I haven't been posting much lately.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    Krivsky hasn't changed my view on the strikeout issue, any more than he has changed yours. I think we should just leave it at that.
    Yeah. The Reds didn't really lead the NL in Runs Scored while leading the world in Strikeouts last year.

This should already be beyond settled.

--Ted Williams

I'm glad he's cognizant of the strikeout issue, and I'm hoping that's something he's planning on addressing.

I saw a atricle last year and there litle correlation between Ks and runs scored. WHat it did show was high K teams scored more runs than low K teams.

Worrying about too many Ks is the least of the Reds problems. I would be worrying about the lack of pitching and poor defense if I was the GM.
    Last edited by flyer85; 02-13-2006 at 10:09 AM.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I saw a atricle last year and there was a loose correlation between Ks and runs scored. WHat it showed was high K teams scored more runs than low K teams.

Worrying about too many Ks is the least of the Reds problems. I would be worrying about the lack of pitching and poor defense if I was the GM.
    he did, but the strikeouts came first on Krivsky's list during the interview.

Turn Off Ads?