Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fans Line up

University of Cincinnati

Fans Line up

Well i was walking to work and noticed that there are 7 or 8 tents already at great american, completely insane. People started last year on wednesday, our team is no better this year than it was last year and now they are starting 2 days earlier, i cant explain it......
    THE University of Cincinnati

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fans Line up

Quote Originally Posted by beb30
    i cant explain it......
    Very simple....people love thier Cincinnati Reds, win or lose.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

University of Cincinnati

no its not that......its simply greed

How do you figure?

Not necessarily. Sure, some people are going to sell them at a huge markup but others just want to have the status of being there for Opening Day. And still others want to actually see a baseball game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Zoinks!

It has little to do with the team. Most of the people that go to Opening Day go because it is the "thing to do", they get to impress their friends and act like baseball fans for a day. The tradition of the day is more important to them than what transpires on the field. Three quarters will complain about Casey being gone "cause we really need him" and half will ask who's pitching around the 4th inning. I'm not saying this is the likely case for the campers, just saying in general. Me, I'll have my butt parked on a barstool somewhere watching. The beers are cheaper and I won't have to dip into the kids college funds to get a ticket from a scalper.

But Hey, Hope Springs Eternal, right? At least until June

University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    How do you figure?
    One guy has been there since thursday of last week apparently. There is no need to camp out that early, there should be a restriction on it. People shouldn't be aloud to go down there unless its within a couple days, now im going to be forced to go down earlier than i wanted to.......

University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Not necessarily. Sure, some people are going to sell them at a huge markup but others just want to have the status of being there for Opening Day. And still others want to actually see a baseball game.

To sit out in the cold, snow, and rain for tickets this early is ignorant, unfortuanely like i said in the above post ill be forced to join....

I would be shocked if the people who are camping out there already are in it for the money. For them to brave the weather for one whole week before they go on sale says to me that they are hardcore Reds fans who just want a chance to be at Opening Day.

now im going to be forced to go down earlier than i wanted to.......
    How is that thier problem? It seems that you're just upset about this whole thing because now you'll have to get there earlier. If I lived in the Cincinnati area I'd be doing the same thing, and I can promise you I wouldn't be doing it out of greed. I'd be doing it because I love my Reds.

University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    I would be shocked if the people who are camping out there already are in it for the money. For them to brave the weather for one whole week before they go on sale says to me that they are hardcore Reds fans who just want a chance to be at Opening Day.

How is that thier problem? It seems that you're just upset about this whole thing because now you'll have to get there earlier. If I lived in the Cincinnati area I'd be doing the same thing, and I can promise you I wouldn't be doing it out of greed. I'd be doing it because I love my Reds.
    I guess its just personal opinion as to why they are doing it.......agree to disagree

I guess its just personal opinion as to why they are doing it.......agree to disagree
    I guess what I'm saying is that the people who are interested in profiting on Opening Day tickets have other ways of buying and re-selling tickets rather than camping out for over a week.

You're exactly right, it is insanity that there are people out there right now in this weather camping...but I think it's a good thing. But most of those people out there right now are truely in it for the love of thier team and should be applauded for it, not ridiculed. Sure, there are probably people in line right now that just want to sell them, and that's wrong...but most of them want to attend the game.

Putting a limit on how early people can camp out in front of the ticket window wouldn't work, in my opinion. If the Reds say you can't be on the Great American Ball Park premesis before a certain day, then people would just pitch thier tents right there on the sidewalks outside the stadium.

One guy has been there since thursday of last week apparently. There is no need to camp out that early, there should be a restriction on it. People shouldn't be aloud to go down there unless its within a couple days, now im going to be forced to go down earlier than i wanted to.......
    There is no need for it but this guy will get a lot of publicity for being the "first in line". That's probably the real reason for going down that early. Me, I'm hoping I get them through the Rosie Reds. I've got tickets through them the past 3 years. That way I don't have to go down and camp out or go on line for them or rely on scalpers.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I would LOVE to get tickets for opening day. I've never been, but have tried several times to get tickets. I live in central Ohio and can't take off a week of work to camp out for tickets and I've tried both online and over the phone. Is there another way a gal can possibly acquire some tickets (besides the new ways the Reds announced) for this blessed event that won't cost her an arm and a leg?

By the way, I want to go for the following reasons:
    1. I LOVE THE REDS.
    2. I LOVE BASEBALL.
    3. I LOVE THE REDS.
    4. for the experience
    5. I LOVE THE REDS.

Last edited by scounts22; 02-13-2006 at 02:22 PM.

I think a good deal of the reason for these guys to wait outside is yes, the experience, but also for the media attention they will get.

Oh well, it's a fun thing to see.
    BARRY LARKIN -- BEST PLAYER EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by scounts22
    I would LOVE to get tickets for opening day. I've never been, but have tried several times to get tickets. I live in central Ohio and can't take off a week of work to camp out for tickets and I've tried both online and over the phone. Is there another way a gal can possibly acquire some tickets (besides the new ways the Reds announced) for this blessed event that won't cost her an arm and a leg?

By the way, I want to go for the following reasons:
    1. I LOVE THE REDS.
    2. I LOVE BASEBALL.
    3. I LOVE THE REDS.
    4. for the experience
    5. I LOVE THE REDS.

Your best chance at getting Opening Day tickets at face value is getting online at 9:00 AM Saturday morning. If you miss out on those, you can still get them but you will be forced to pay. Riverfront Tickets has them for anywhere from $75 for staning room only to $600 for Diamond Seats. Ebay and scalpers are options too.

Good luck!
    Last edited by redsfan30; 02-13-2006 at 04:44 PM.

Turn Off Ads?