Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dunn 2year, 18.5, team option for third year

Re: Dunn 2year, 18.5, team option for third year

Woohoo! This is a great deal for both sides, but it will especially good for the Reds when Dunn belts 140 homeruns over the next three years. So glad to see that the new FO appreciates how special of a player Adam Dunn is. This is the best Reds related news I've heard in six years.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Good news! It looks like this organization is moving in right direction with Castellini and Krivsky. I'm all of the sudden getting a better feeling about this season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Excellent deal for both sides, I think. Have to give Castellini a lot of credit, and Krivsky, too, for getting something long-term done in a short time. Gotta a functional franchise on our hands now.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor
    Wicked Awesome
    +infinity....

Joseph needs to change his title to Hooray :krivskey:
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

well, this is certainly is the best news i've read in quite a while - and a very pleasing surprise. hopefully this ballclub will change course enough during that time to make Dunn to want to stay with this ballclub for even longer.

These are not your older brother's Reds.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    This contract gives the Reds at least three more years of Dunn, if they desire, and the opportunity to still try to sign him to a longer term contract. If the Reds, against my wishes, decide to try to trade Dunn, this should be a very "tradeable" contract. I would still like to see Dunn signed to about a five or six year deal (after Dunn gets into his early 30s I would then be much more cautious about a long term contract).

Exactly. It's a great move, both functional and symbolic.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Cool beans. Good move by KWayne and I echo the kudos to both sides of the deal..

Pay attention to the open sky

Got R Dunn!
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

I don't like it. :
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

If Rotoworld is against it, then I am for it.

BTW - if you want Astrobuddy - try Reds Live. I think he's one of the few folks with negative reputation.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I like this move. They get Dunn at reasonable market value and lock him up for what amounts to three years. That gives them a chance to make some decisions without feeling under the gun. In other words, if they decide they want to explore trading Dunn for pitching -- and don't think for a second this means they won't do that -- then they can do it on their timetable. And interested teams know they're getting a guy locked into a fair deal that isn't absurdly long. It's not the size of the annual salary that scares teams away, it's the length of the deal. I think this just increases Dunn's market value.

And if they can find other ways to improve the pitching and defense while building around Dunn, fine. Personally, I think that's going to be very, very difficult, but they have a little time to try it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I don't like it. :
    Cub fan
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Cub fan
    Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 5. Direct personal attacks.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I will say this:

I think it was ingenius move on the part of the Reds front office to sign Adam Dunn to this contract now. This was bigger than making a big trade or anything. This is (except for the fact it wasn't longer), the thing Reds fans have been begging for for a long time. For crying out loud it was even my signature! I think now the question is will we use these next 3 years wisely to negotiate a smart LTC with Adam that will keep him a red for his career. I think now you just have to continue to build around him, put him in a lineup where he'll get pitches to hit, and then just add some pitching and young, good arms. Now that we know he isn't the trade bait, I think it's time to put some armory/shields around our greatest knight in the kingdom!

:dunn: Hooray and thumbs up for this.....my favorite red!

Turn Off Ads?