Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds week on FSN Ohio starts Feb. 20th

Reds week on FSN Ohio starts Feb. 20th

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin

CINCINNATI -- FSN Ohio has designated the week of February 20, "Reds Week," and will feature a series of locally and nationally produced shows during the primetime hours of 7 to 10 pm. Steve Liverani, Vice President and General Manager, FSN Ohio, made the announcement.

"Reds Week" will originate from Club 4192 at Great American Ball Park, with FSN Ohio anchors guiding viewers through the programming line-up, and talking with a variety of special guests each night.

Locally produced shows include the 1990 Reds Special, a 30-minute documentary highlighting that special season, featuring never before seen interviews with the players who made the headlines - including Eric Davis, Barry Larkin, and Rob Dibble. The Ken Griffey Junior Special reveals a side of the slugger's life that would never be seen during the baseball season, including behind-the-scenes moments as a father and husband. And finally, In My Own Words with Bob Castellini, features the new owner of the Reds in a one-on-one interview with George Grande. Mr. Castellini talks about his plans for the upcoming season and beyond.

Hall of Fame specials featuring Tony Perez, Sparky Anderson, Tom Seaver and Marty Brennaman are included in the nationally produced shows throughout the week.

"Reds Week on FSN Ohio is certain to get Cincinnati fans primed for the upcoming season," said Liverani. "Our viewers can look forward to a week of exclusive Reds programming that captures the history and tradition of this storied franchise."
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds week on FSN Ohio starts Feb. 20th

If only I could get it.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Wow! I can't believe they are actually doing this. Did someone from the Reds new marketing department kick them in the ass? I have all the Fox sports channels and on several of them they have shows about their baseball team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Wow! I can't believe they are actually doing this. Did someone from the Reds new marketing department kick them in the ass? I have all the Fox sports channels and on several of them they have shows about their baseball team.
    Another sign that things are changing around here. I'm excited, the Ken Griffey Jr. special sounds particularly interesting.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Another sign that things are changing around here. I'm excited, the Ken Griffey Jr. special sounds particularly interesting.
    Is Gallagher going to guest star?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Wonderful news indeed. I hope this means more Reds promotions and advertising in general.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Fantastic!!!!

Can't wait!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I wonder if that is just Fox Sports Cincinnati or all of Fox Sports Ohio now that the Indians have moved to their own channel.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

I have a wishlist on my TIVO for "reds" and I saw these were going to be on so I put them on a Season Pass so I wouldnt miss any of them. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    I wonder if that is just Fox Sports Cincinnati or all of Fox Sports Ohio now that the Indians have moved to their own channel.
    My question too...anyone know??
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

I wouldn't think that Fox would miss a beat showing the Reds to everyone in Ohio.

I also wouldn't be shocked if the Indians offered their network to places in southern Ohio.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    And finally, In My Own Words with Bob Castellini, features the new owner of the Reds in a one-on-one interview with George Grande. Mr. Castellini talks about his plans for the upcoming season and beyond.
    "Mr. Castellini, when you were in St. Louis, how well did you get to know Jim Edmonds?"
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Over the past week or two, there's a Reds commercial airing a lot (Joe Morgan narrates; something about "tradition"). Hopefully, they'll be adding even more.

Chip, is that billboard still up in your neck of the woods?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Only Reds billboards I've seen say "It's coming 4/3/06"

1 problem with them

You have to be REALLY close to see it says Reds at the bottom
    Go Gators!

Bodes well for this team gaining some press, some fans, some money, some wins...

but I won't get too far ahead of myself. I am superjealous though. Would you southern Ohioites mind giving reports when this stuff comes along?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?