Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Annual RedsZone Tip Jar

The Annual RedsZone Tip Jar

It's February, pitchers and catchers are set to report, and it is again time for your faithful admins to rattle the tip jar for support in 2006.

If you haven't noticed, we placed a Donate link in the upper left-hand corner of the forum header roughly two weeks ago (thank you to one member who sniffed this out! ).

PayPal, like previous years, is our current and only way to make a donation to the site.

Many improvements were made to the site in 2005, we think. Thanks in advance to all who decide to toss a few bucks into the jar.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Annual RedsZone Tip Jar

Done deal

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

What's a normal desired range?
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

'Normal' donation range? $25-30.

I just sent a donation. It will show as an e-mail address of y2kz3... Great Website!!

Boss: Have you ever come up with a way for non-Paypal folks to contribute? If so, count me in as well.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

I'll kick in too if I can do it without using paypal, an alternative?

See the same thread over on Reds Live - Redread is taking checks and will pass the money to GIK.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Creek is right on. Please PM REDREAD. Thank you.

It's sent in...thanks for the great site.

I sent my donation in. You shouldn't incur any fees since I paid via my paypal funds. As long as people don't use credit/debit card and use paypal funds or bank transfers paypal fees shouldn't apply.

Done deal. Thanks guys for the great job you do.

Maybe you should have titled it the "Buy Aurilia A One Way Ticket Fund". You would have gotten more responses/donations.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

here's my tip for the jar:

Don't take any wooden nickles.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    I sent my donation in. You shouldn't incur any fees since I paid via my paypal funds. As long as people don't use credit/debit card and use paypal funds or bank transfers paypal fees shouldn't apply.

Wish it were so, RBA. That's the case only if the account is not a merchant account. If it is a merchant account, Paypal charges their fee, regardless.
    I sell some stuff on eBay sometimes (yep...i'm oneupper there too) and this policy sucks.

Maybe the admins should have two accounts, one merchant and one not. Those of us who have Paypal funds can pay them through the second one so they don't have to pay the fees.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

We definitely are charged fees regardless. Thanks for the suggestion, oneu, but I'd rather not have two accounts open.

Cheers to all who have donated thus far!

Turn Off Ads?