Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Annual RedsZone Tip Jar

The Annual RedsZone Tip Jar

It's February, pitchers and catchers are set to report, and it is again time for your faithful admins to rattle the tip jar for support in 2006.

If you haven't noticed, we placed a Donate link in the upper left-hand corner of the forum header roughly two weeks ago (thank you to one member who sniffed this out! ).

PayPal, like previous years, is our current and only way to make a donation to the site.

Many improvements were made to the site in 2005, we think. Thanks in advance to all who decide to toss a few bucks into the jar.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Annual RedsZone Tip Jar

What might be kind of nice is to have a tally like biddingfortravel has on their website:

Make a Contribution :: Direct Payment -or- Accept Offer | View Contributors | (?) We currently have $1875.00 in our chest.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Make a Contribution :: Direct Payment -or- Accept Offer | View Contributors | (?) We currently have $1875.00 in our chest.
    wow - that's a lot of money in a chest......
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Sorry, I'm ignorant. How does PayPal work?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden
    Sorry, I'm ignorant. How does PayPal work?
    PayPal is basically a peer-to-peer payment service.
    you may sign up using you credit card, debit card or bank account. some payees prefer bank accounts, as it is "easy money".
    there are several ways to send a payment through the website via PayPal, but the easiest would be to click on the donation's link GIK provided - the only thing you will have to provide is an amount to donate.
    i've used it for several years, and have had absolutely no problem - it seems to be quite secure. it is a very user-friendly site, and they have made many improvements in the years to make things even easier.
    hopefully, this helps you out.

now for my own question, and please beat me senseless with a Mike Vail model bat if it has already been answered:
    how long will the donations box be open? some of us get paid bi-weekly, and are in the middle of that pay period.

This thread will be open through Feb and into March. The "Donate" link in the header will always remain active.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK
    This thread will be open through Feb and into March. The "Donate" link in the header will always remain active.
    If there is another way, other than pay pal, I will contribute.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

REDREAD has offered to accept personal checks/money orders, etc written to him, which then he will PayPal that sum to us. Please PM him for additional info. Thanks!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I just so happen to have a balance in my Pay Pal account. Coming your way.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Kind sir, I'm am an exile prince frum Nigeria. I have a bank accont that is locked up do to Nigeria taxes owed. The amount I owe is exactly $1,875.00. If you transfer me the amount I require I will be verry, verry grateful. I will split the $795,874 with you. Plese transfer $1,875 America Dollars via Western Union Bidpay and you will be rewarded.

Sounds too sweet to pass up!

butt weight there's more. No Ginsu knife... but I'm in. I'm not talking much lately but dishing hopefully my fair share. go Reds!

Thanks again to all who have donated thus far.

I do want to say to all members, though, that we should not rely on those who typically donate to "fulfill the quota" so to speak. If you honestly enjoy the site, please think about chipping in a buck or two and spread the cost a bit more equally among all members. Just my 2 cents.

Donation has been made. Does that mean my rating points go up too?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

I'm fairly new here. What's the tip jar all about?

Turn Off Ads?