Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luke Hudson cleared waivers....

Re: Luke Hudson cleared waivers....

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    Fitting in a thread on Hudson, who is one of many clowns also known as Reds pitchers that keep clearing waivers. Or is that O'Brien's new gig

No doubt. My cats may eat bugs but at least they don't keep dragging Anderson Machado back into the house.
    School's out. What did you expect?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    No doubt. My cats may eat bugs but at least they don't keep dragging Anderson Machado back into the house.
    I figure if we're talking cats and Reds pitchers, the subject of coughing up fur balls has to come into play at some point
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Not that they couldn't drag that dude into the house. Can't weigh more than a buck o five.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I think he has 2 cats so they could handle that no trouble.
    Go Gators!

I always thought Hudson had good stuff but just couldn't control it. Maybe this one last chance to the minors will get that straightened out. If he ever could control his pitches he could be a decent starter. But he may be too far gone to salvage a career.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    I always thought Hudson had good stuff but just couldn't control it. Maybe this one last chance to the minors will get that straightened out. If he ever could control his pitches he could be a decent starter. But he may be too far gone to salvage a career.
    I agree he has good stuff and I am suprised someone did not pick him up. I guess nobody wants to mess with a pitcher that the reds have given up on. I would send him down to the minors and give him another chance.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    My cat used to play with plastic milk rings and wadded-up paper towels -- basically trash. I'd throw them and he'd chase after them and bring them back. I discovered he kept a stash of those "precious" toys hidden behind the couch, perhaps in fear that some other cat would wander by and take them.

DanO is the cat. Bong, Nelson, Hudson, Machado, et. al. are the milk rings and wadded-up paper towels.
    Cool...I'll have little treats waiting for me in a couple weeks when I move out of my apartment!

Clearing waviers must be like not having a date to the prom.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    For a pitcher getting put on waivers by the Reds is like getting dumped by Urkle.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

The Braves have been in contact. His agent wants a Major League deal. Braves have two open spots on their 40 man apparently. Roger McDowell may do wonders for him. Change of scenery, blah, blah, blah...
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Some have said the same about the D-Rays too!! LOL!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    The Braves have been in contact. His agent wants a Major League deal. Braves have two open spots on their 40 man apparently. Roger McDowell may do wonders for him. Change of scenery, blah, blah, blah...
    So why didn't they just claim him on waivers?

Can't the Reds still outright him to AAA anyway? I thought they could do that once after passing through waivers.

Are we working on a trade of Hudson to the Braves? We had Ten days to designate him. Any info on this Team Clark?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    So why didn't they just claim him on waivers?
    I think it's b/c then the Braves would then have had to put him on their 40 man roster. If they work a trade out for him now IIRC then they can just outright him to richmond and not take up roster space.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?