Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with pick #10 and 11!!!

Need help with pick #10 and 11!!!

Could I get your guys opinion on this? Here is my situation. I am in a 10 team 7X7 roto keeper league and I have just been appointed the 10th pick in the draft. I took over a team that lost the past 2 years badly. This owner couldn't take it anymore so I took over. My keepers are Oswalt, Mauer and Konerko. Without getting into what players are owned and who gets drafted before me, I'll just list the top 10 that I will be there when I select 10th and 11th.

With me owning a 40HR guy, a top 10 SP and a top 3C, what direction should I go or what talent should I not pass up?

Suzuki, Soriano, Tejada, Peavy, P.Martinez, Helton, Sheffield, Pierre, Berkman, Rivera, Lidge, Kent, Sizemore, Beltran, R.Johnson

Any advice?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Need help with pick #10 and 11!!!

Get a real hitter, Berkman would be who I would grab.

Then Pedro, pitchers park and all.

Peavy, healthy arm, pitchers park, and all.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I'd go Peavy and Tejada
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

I vote for Pedro.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Pedro for 10, Kent for 11.

Paul Willson looks tuff this year... Wait I am having a flashback from a year ago.

Doesn't it seem like there are no #1 pick pitchers this year? Where has all the pitching gone? It has even dropped off from 4 years ago.

Pitchers are generally riskier than hitters. Their performaces tend to fluctuate more than hitters (at least in Fantasy BB terms).
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Pedro just scares me with the injuries. It helps that you have Oswalt, but if Pedro gets hurt, yuck.

I'd list em like this personally.

1. Tejada
    2. Peavy
    3. Pedro
    4. Berkman
    5. Helton (due for a big comeback)

Wow!! Guys I really appreciate the all the responses. I think I like the idea of Peavy over P.Martinez. I was thinking of Tejada, Helton, Berkman, Peavy and Soriano.

What does everyone think Beltran, Soriano and Sizemore will do this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake

What does everyone think Beltran, Soriano and Sizemore will do this year?
    Both Soriano and Beltran are taking huge offensive hits in their parks, Sizemore has a better upside and will slip lower in the draft as well.

I've read three articles now that has Sizemore going in the 3rd round in most 12 team drafts. I'm thinking of targeting him with my 30th or 31st pick.

Given my draft position and a little luck I'm hoping with a result of this.
    SP - Oswalt (OWN), Peavy (#11)
    OF - Sizmore (#30)
    SS - Tejada (#10)
    1B - Konerko (Own)
    C - Mauer (Own)

And 1 of Delgado, Carlos Lee, Matsui, A. Ramirez, Blalock, Chavez or Bonds with the 31st pick. Another bat that will give me close too 30 HR, 100 RBI, maybe 100 runs and 35+ doubles. That should give me a pretty good start?!?!? Maybe?!?!?

I worry about taking Tejada so high, considering his drop-off after Palmeiro got caught with the juice.

Turn Off Ads?