Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Bearcats! Big win on the road!

Go Bearcats! Big win on the road!

82-65 with an undermanned team in a tough place to play! Great win tonight, should look nice for our slim tournament hopes.

I really like this team for some reason. Not nearly as talented as some teams in the past but they play with so much heart. I'll always look back fondly on this group of guys later on down the road.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Go Bearcats! Big win on the road!

I love this team because against all odds, they keep going out there and battling.

They've had a tough road this year. Just about everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Porkchop Sandwiches

I think Hicks has proven this season he is a more dominant player than Maxeil ever wanted to be, and a much better leader. Despite only scoring 8 tonight, he carried the team, and dominated the paint against towers.

I have no problem pulling for this team, I just wish Kennedy had a little more height to work with then we could really have something special. Great win tonight.

Out of curiosity, how many teams make the Big east tourney in MSG?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

From everything I've read/heard, Andy kennedy has virtually no chance of landing the UC head coaching job on a permanent basis. But the players seem to respond to him. What do the fans in Cincy think of him?

Just curious.

Living in the heart of ACC country, I'm not so sure that Skip Prosser is going to do any better. That is, if he actually lands the job as speculated.

R4B, there seems to be a growing amount of support among the fanbase to keep Kennedy as the coach permanently. I would like to see him get the job myself. What he's done this year with the lack of a hand he has been dealt is simply amazing.
    While I like Prosser as a coach I think you're right, he probably couldn't do much better than what Kennedy is doing. The advantage I think Skip would have would probably be in recruiting.

Doog, I totally agree, Hicks is a fierce competitor and really put the team on his back this year. If he were 3 inches taller I think he's a first round NBA pick. I believe all the teams except the bottom 4 make the Big East tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo
    Out of curiosity, how many teams make the Big east tourney in MSG?
    Twelve.

I heard the announcers say last night during the game that they think Andy's done a great job and the mindset of the "powers that be" might be changing their minds about him, despite wanting to be rid of "anything Huggins", which Andy is according to their way of thinking.

Sorrry... long sentence.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Retired

The rumors about Prosser have been flying the last week or so, the UC people are leaking to the press they might not be able to afford his buyout at Wake. It could be real or it could be a ploy to get money from the boosters, nobody really knows.

As for Kennedy's shot at the job, it's a longshot, at best.

The rumors about Prosser have been flying for a long time. His own high school recruits to Wake are calling him asking what's up. I doubt he comes here, I hope not at least. I think Andy Kennedy is getting a LONG look from Mike Thomas. Most of getting rid of Huggins was for public relations.

If they don't hire Andy Kennedy I am done with them. Just my personal opinion.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    The rumors about Prosser have been flying for a long time. His own high school recruits to Wake are calling him asking what's up. I doubt he comes here, I hope not at least. I think Andy Kennedy is getting a LONG look from Mike Thomas. Most of getting rid of Huggins was for public relations.

If they don't hire Andy Kennedy I am done with them. Just my personal opinion.
    He isn't getting a long look, and he's told friends he doesn't expect to be considered for the job. I have a few friends in the UC athletic department and Thomas is just spinning when he says Kennedy has a shot at the job to shut the fans up. He's pretty much the backup for the backup right now.

The Prosser rumors have been going on for awhile, but in the last week they have changed. Now it's focusing on money, and Zimpher is already starting to layout the excuses for when they fail to hire a high profile coach.

Zimpher and Thomas would like to have the new coach hired before Huggins gets a new job (that's how petty they are) and I can assure you that if Mayo/Walker/Ellis sign with Huggins at his new school the UCATS and Foundations members are going to go ape.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I don't know how Andy Kennedy is doing it, but he IS the coach of the year.

A lot of people talk about how sports these days is lacking heart and passion from its players. This UC team is what playing sports is all about. I'm proud to say I am a UC basketball fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    This UC team is what playing sports is all about. I'm proud to say I am a UC basketball fan.

Couldn't have said it better Matt. This is exactly how this team has made me feel this year.

First off, this is my first post on Redszone. Hopefully there will be many more. Now back to the subject at hand. My feeling is that Andy Kennedy is forcing UC to take a long look at him. I think that Nancy was hoping Andy would shoot himself in the foot, and that just simply hasn't happened. When you look at the situation he was put into, there is no way you could have said that Andy could have any success. He has said all the right things. He is not making it easier on Nancy in the least. I don't think she can afford to go against public opinion at the same level as she did with the ousting of Huggins. I think that is the most important part. I like Andy, and even if he doesn't get this job, he will coach somewhere.

If nothing else, I don't know of a better story in college basketball this year.

As a Xavier fan I would love to say I am cheering against the Bearcats every night. But I can't, and the reason I've fallen in love with this team is Andy Kennedy. For the first time I've actually found myself wanting UC to win for a reason other than helping the Muskies' RPI. If he doesn't get a serious look at UC, I hope he lands somewhere special. He is a wonderful coach and from the time I met him a wonderful man also.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    He isn't getting a long look, and he's told friends he doesn't expect to be considered for the job. I have a few friends in the UC athletic department and Thomas is just spinning when he says Kennedy has a shot at the job to shut the fans up. He's pretty much the backup for the backup right now.

The Prosser rumors have been going on for awhile, but in the last week they have changed. Now it's focusing on money, and Zimpher is already starting to layout the excuses for when they fail to hire a high profile coach.

Zimpher and Thomas would like to have the new coach hired before Huggins gets a new job (that's how petty they are) and I can assure you that if Mayo/Walker/Ellis sign with Huggins at his new school the UCATS and Foundations members are going to go ape.
    I myself am very curious to see what happens with Huggins and Mayo/Walker/Ellis.

I really enjoy watching Downey, Hicks, McGowan, White and Jihad (yes, even him). And Barwin has been a boost for them in his own modest way.

I am also fond of this team, good bunch of kids you can root for.

It's also a lot of fun to watch UC basketball in the Big East vs. CUSA.

Next year...might not be so great.

Turn Off Ads?