Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Go Bearcats! Big win on the road!

got alil captain in u?

Re: Go Bearcats! Big win on the road!

They shut down Mcnamera which was the key to winning hicks is beast inside white is the best dunker i've seen in awhile he can really get up there i like andy kennedy he should be given just as equal chance as other candidates

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

The latest on the coaching situation from Doyel.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebas.../story/9240647

Cincinnati: Skip Prosser appears stuck at Wake Forest -- not a bad place to be stuck -- so watch Cincy pry Mike Montgomery from the NBA. The new UC regime wants a winner who graduates players, and Monty is the epitome of that. Dark horse pick: If Akron gets into the NCAA Tournament and wins a game, Zips coach Keith Dambrot becomes a contender. Dambrot has the backing of LeBron James -- it matters -- and his old boss at Akron, Mike Thomas, is the new AD at Cincinnati.
    From what I've been told, UC doesn't have the money for Prosser's buyout and Skip doesn't want the final years of his coaching career to be spent fixing someone elses mess (Zimpher). Montgomery has been thrown out there before, isn't going to happen. The UC job just isn't very attractive right now, not many want to work for Zimpher and there are no recruits coming.

If Keith Dambrot is hired I'm done with UC basketball. He floped out of college basketball and had to go back to coaching high school, he's only had 1descent season in his entire career.

Another nice win for the Bearcats last night (2/10) against Providence. Nail biter but they pulled it out at the end.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Yeah I'll take em any way I can get em this year TB. Whatever way we can scratch and claw our way into the tournament.

I am so dreading next season...

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Interesting.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?...Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

Since Skip Prosser of Wake Forest is probably too pricy, Cincinnati could look elsewhere for another coach with a clean image. How about Louis Orr? He's a Cincinnati native who is Mr. Clean, and Orr could be tired of the lack of respect he gets from many Seton Hall fans, although he's on the verge of leading the Pirates to their second NCAA tournament bid in three

Retired

If Orr is the best this program can do we are in very bad shape.

I saw the friend of mine who works in the UC athletic office yesterday, the sad reality is no high profile coaches are interested in the job. The way Huggins was forced out is a large cloud looming over the program, most of the big names aren't interested in working for Nancy Zimpher. It's sad that 15 years of work to build this program as been wiped out by one woman, but it's sure looking that way. Many in the athletic department are depressed, they've been working really hard on this coaching search but they are being turned down because of who their boss is.

If we are stuck with guys like Louis Orr I'd rather just keep Kennedy and be done with it.
    Last edited by Reds4Life; 02-19-2006 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    If Orr is the best this program can do we are in very bad shape.

I saw the friend of mine who works in the UC athletic office yesterday, the sad reality is no high profile coaches are interested in the job. The way Huggins was forced out is a large cloud looming over the program, most of the big names aren't interested in working for Nancy Zimpher. It's sad that 15 years of work to build this program as been wiped out by one woman, but it's sure looking that way. Many in the athletic department are depressed, they've been working really hard on this coaching search but they are being turned down because of who their boss is.

If we stuck with guys like Louis Orr I'd rather just keep Kennedy and be done with it.

I agree. If the Bearcats don't remove the interim title from Kennedy, UAB will certainly hire him, as I don't see UAB's Mike Anderson turning down Mizzou, Arizona State or any other high-profile gig that is sure to open.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue
    I agree. If the Bearcats don't remove the interim title from Kennedy, UAB will certainly hire him, as I don't see UAB's Mike Anderson turning down Mizzou, Arizona State or any other high-profile gig that is sure to open.
    Anderson has turned down over a million a year from others schools to stay at UAB, so he won't leave for just any job. He wants the Arkansas job, and it might open if they don't make the tourney this year.

As an aside, I also saw a lady that works for the NCAA yesterday as well and I asked her about the UC situation. I mentioned to her that people in the athletic office told me no high profile coach wants the job because of Zimpher and she said "Well, if she doesn't get someone in there she won't be around long enough to make the next hire". Interesting indeed.

Turn Off Ads?