Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Batted Ball Index

Batted Ball Index

This is very interesting:

http://www.baseballgraphs.com/battedballs/index.html

In these pages, you will find something truly unique in the world of baseball stats: the "batted ball" outcomes for all major leaguers who saw significant playing time in 2005. Inside, you'll find out how many times each batter struck out or walked, hit outfield flies, line drives and groundballs, and even how many "net runs" he created with each outfield fly, line drive and groundball. You'll see the same thing for pitchers, too. And you'll see four year's worth of data for everyone.

I initially introduced these tables in a series of articles at The Hardball Times, How Do You Like Your Data?, Pitcher Tables, Inside DER and Batter's Batted Ball Tables.

You can read more comments about these tables in the Baseball Graphs blog. To view the Library tables, pick a team on the right, or search for team pages with a specific player in the following search box. The table layouts are explained further below. If you have any comments or questions, please leave them in this post.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Batted Ball Index

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    This is very interesting:

http://www.baseballgraphs.com/battedballs/index.html

In these pages, you will find something truly unique in the world of baseball stats: the "batted ball" outcomes for all major leaguers who saw significant playing time in 2005. Inside, you'll find out how many times each batter struck out or walked, hit outfield flies, line drives and groundballs, and even how many "net runs" he created with each outfield fly, line drive and groundball. You'll see the same thing for pitchers, too. And you'll see four year's worth of data for everyone.

I initially introduced these tables in a series of articles at The Hardball Times, How Do You Like Your Data?, Pitcher Tables, Inside DER and Batter's Batted Ball Tables.

You can read more comments about these tables in the Baseball Graphs blog. To view the Library tables, pick a team on the right, or search for team pages with a specific player in the following search box. The table layouts are explained further below. If you have any comments or questions, please leave them in this post.

Or just let Cyclone take up 15MB of bandwith and dissect it - he hit a home run on the last post he started. Plus, Erin Andrews is easy on the eyes.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Nice...thanks Sava
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Or just let Cyclone take up 15MB of bandwith and dissect it - he hit a home run on the last post he started. Plus, Erin Andrews is easy on the eyes.

If I dissect the Batted Ball Index then I'll be sure to only take up 10MB of bandwith.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

too 94375938543 many 497394587345 numbers! 394753

Turn Off Ads?