Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for a new 1st base coach

Re: Time for a new 1st base coach

I find it hard to believe he just made that decision this week... ST week.
    Lots of guys get the itch to go to ST, they've been doing it all their lives... then boom right as they have to go they finally realize this is the year they won't.
    Dunn can be that bad at 1B - Maybe the REDS suggested moving WMP there and he thought this is way too hard
    The other teams coach needs to worry about how "bad" Dunn is at 1st, not the Reds coach. One thing's for sure, Dunn will be standing on 1st with the new coach whispering in his ear more than WMP.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would prefer a "celebrity coach" for home games..much like the Cubs do with the 7th inning stretch...Salma Heyek comes to mind
    "Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game. " Jim Mora

Call Barry
    Would be cool. They could also use a Latino on the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve
    Would be cool. They could also use a Latino on the staff.
    Barry isn't Latino... if that's what you meant.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I think it also could be a great promotion to be "First Base Coach of the Day". Just drop your name into the box at the Stadium guest service area behind section 103 and one lucky winner per game will be "First base coach of the day"!

"First Base Coach of the Day" brought to you by OfficeTeam. Cincinnati's largest temporary service!

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Barry Alvarez, maybe? Okay, I'm not sure if he is Latino either, but he's not working at the moment....

'course other thread says KGsr's interested, and if he wants the job, I'd give it to him.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Sorry.

As Barry Larkin was mentioned, that's who I was referring to.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I think it also could be a great promotion to be "First Base Coach of the Day". Just drop your name into the box at the Stadium guest service area behind section 103 and one lucky winner per game will be "First base coach of the day"!

"First Base Coach of the Day" brought to you by OfficeTeam. Cincinnati's largest temporary service!

Hi Andy Furman ..How da hell are ya?

Sorry.

As Barry Larkin was mentioned, that's who I was referring to.
    I know. The last post was a weak attempt at humor.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

He does speak Spanish, though.

gm, I think Cardenal is with JimBo in DC but I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

SARASOTA -- Just got out of our daily meeting with Jerry Narron, and he mentioned four internal candidates for the first base coach job: Ken Griffey Sr., Ed Napoleon, Lynn Jones and Pete Mackanin.

You know about Senior. Napoleon (better known as Nappy) has been in baseball for 50 years as a player or coach. He has been an outfield and bunting instructor for the Reds the last two seasons, working all of spring training and making occasional appearances during the regular season. Lynn Jones was hired this offseason as the minor league outfield and baserunning coordinator (replacing John Moses, really) after three years with the Red Sox organization. He was Boston's first base coach the last two years. He played outfield in the majors for eight seasons with Detroit and Kansas City. Mackanin used to coach the outfielders with the Expos, and if you see the post below, you know he has big-league coaching experience.
    Lynn Jones was Lonnie Smiths caddy in the 85 WS
    Last edited by westofyou; 02-17-2006 at 11:36 AM.

Napoleon

Just to hear it mentioned on the radio/TV
    Go Gators!

Man, it is so hard to be a first base coach. You have to be able to pat a guy on the fanny when he gets on base, spit tobacco, argue close calls with the ump, play cards with the manager on road trips....good thing DanO is gone as it might have taken him months to find a replacement.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?